Has anyone on this board ever killed themselves?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by wastedmylife, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

that anyone knows about?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  2. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

yes and im speaking from beyond the grave:unsure:
    well yes but i was brought back, cant remember any of it although i was told they brought a preist in for last rights and i started ranting.
    my mother made me send a sorry card because i was so violent beforehand they had security hold me down and restrained me:biggrin:
  3. wastedmylife

well I should clarify that anyone knows about, I am sure no one would know about it because people come and go on the internet and not many close relationships are formed
  4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Yes..They have.
  5. wastedmylife

do you know there usernames so I can look at their posts
  6. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

The question "What the fuck, do you just not have any respect for the dead?" pops into my mind here. Let them rest in peace, why the heck do you want to go trawling through their bloody posts!?

Not impressed. :dry:
  7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

How is wanting to read the posts of those who are deceased disrespectful?

Their posts are still there, aren't they?

Meaning, I guess, that you consdier this site 'disrespectful' for leaving them up?

No one is asking you to be. :rolleyes:
  8. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

And yet, I'm sure you will still watch the new batman film or the crow sooner or later.
  9. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Why would you want to read the posts of deceased members? :huh:
  10. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Probably because he wants to see what there were like on this forum or just simply out of interest.
  11. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

Or is looking for methods :unsure:
    Personally I don't think it's right.. kinda feels like snooping through a keyhole at someone elses life, someone you've never spoken to before, someone you don't know.... and you want to go and have a nose around...? :unsure:
  12. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

13. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Guys, your sarcasm laced comments and smart-ass replies aren't helping anyone here.

My best guess is that he wants to see how they acted. See if people here posted and tried to help them, or if they were ignored. Shifts in their personality online. Their problems. The deciding factor, etc. It's not necessarily disrespectful. Some people want to know the motives behind suicide, and this is not a bad place to go. Wastedmylife is a contributing member, so I don't see the harm in his asking.

That's my best guess. Until, of course, he comes and dispels the rumors himself.
  14. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

The ones that have passed away that I know about left nothing that stated the day, the time etc. Most of them just disappeared off the board and did it. Most people don't go about posting a thread and saying I'm doing it...the serious ones generally just do it.

A friend of mine that I met killed himself back in May. I knew he was depressed but nothing led me to believe he'd actually do it. One day I got an email from his sister stating he'd done it and she showed me his obit. So I do n't think you'll find anything that is helpful in their posts.
  15. wastedmylife

I just find it interesting, I think it is normal to have a curiosity about death, maybe it comes along with my fear of death, I find it interesting to hear or read the thoughts of a dead person before they died
  16. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

read my post above
  17. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Well, I think it's prurient interest and in bad taste on a suicide forum. People aren't here to be (metaphorically) gawped at or their pain marvelled at, after their death. I'm closing this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.