Has anyone survived being in a religious cult?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sAd1, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sAd1

sAd1 Member

How did you cope with all the mess they put into your head?

Really need to talk to someone.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I've never been in your situation, but you can PM me if you want to talk.

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Cannot say I have ever been in your situation hun. :hug: however, you survived and got out. Which means you know what they put into your head is not true.

4. kyangel

kyangel Account Closed

I was abused by a religious cult. I understand what you're talking about. It happened when I was 4 years old lasted into my teens. You can PM me anytime.

take care, Patti

5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I went through something like that. I try to remember a lot of what I was told and taught was not true, but to scare me into thinking I needed him, and to keep me from telling people that he sexually abused me. I still have times it breaks me down and I get terrified beyond belief. I doubt anything I said helps, but you aren't alone. :hug:

6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I'm thankful that I never had to experience this. I can only imagine what it's like.

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

My sister spent 4 years of her life in a religious cult, but left it about 3 years ago and she is doing ok now. There's a lot of brainwashing that goes on when someone gets sucked into a cult. They tell you what to eat, how to dress and isolate you from your family and friends. They're awful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.