Has me worried.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by BrinkOfExistence, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I'm new here and i've been reading through quite a few threads/posts and i've noticed that there's something common in people who receive medical help, which is that their docotors don't help or make things worse. This makes me worried because i've been considering getting medical help but it appears that this could be pointless or even a bad move.
    Is there anyone here who has had a positive experience with their doctor and feels that they have made you feel better?
  2. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

dont ever worry about getting medical help its not pointless its a start youll find alot of people have to change docs until they find one they can feel comfortable with and the doc will probably introduce you to someone more qualified than the doc themselves
    imagine it like a shoe you just gotta find one your comfortable with and when you do thats when youll progress
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Puts up hand :smile:

My therapist was wonderful, the first one worse than useless but Nick was something else.
    I cannot thank him enough for what he did for me.
    It took nearly 5 years, but damage isnt undone in a day.
    I think sometimes people are looking for a quick fix, so become disheartened when the therapy goes on for years.
    I can state, quite catergorically, it was 5 years well spent :smile:
  4. Arthur523

Arthur523 Well-Known Member

Just make sure you FIRST: know what the problem(s) are that you are trying to fix.
    I'll be honest, my doctor is a nice guy, but he's not very open-minded to trying out other medications. Which (for me) feels like a big let down, and ultimately (from my point of view, anyway) could have a big role in slowing down my recovery.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.