Has mental ill health ever got you into trouble with the police?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by stinkymouse, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

I was wondering because ive got a police caution for cimminal damage(first offence in 32 years)caused by pure frustration by mental depresstion and suicidal thoughts..and was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems..or a cimmal record caused my your ill health.

2. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

Not really in trouble I don't think but I was detained under the mental health act. I was out in a cell for my own safety. Also they have been round my house for threatening suicide over the internet, didn't really get in trouble, someone phoned them and they just wanted to make sure I was ok, and of course I lied and told them I was fine.

3. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

I was arrested for cutting myself with a knife in public toliets before.. and i was in a cell too keep myself safe...

But thats about it...

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes,it has. I was also arrested for criminal damage. I was cautioned.

Luckily the officers took my mental health into account and were understanding :)

5. hauntedsoul

hauntedsoul Active Member

Yeah it has

6. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I haven't been in trouble with them but I have been detained under section 136 of the mental health act. On that occasion the police sat by my hospital bed for 12 hours until I was sectioned. All because I took an od and refused treatment :dry:

7. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

yes, but instead of taking me to police station they took me to psychiatric unit and detained under mental health act

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  8. Mayal

Mayal Well-Known Member

I have been once, not for hurting anyone else, but for hurting myself, or trying to rather, i was taken to a police station and then detained under the mental health act for 21 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.