has this ever happened to anyone else?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by corang, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Last night I was just sitting around watching tv and I started having a panic attack. Ive had some not too bad panic attacks before but they all had causes that made me have them. But last night it seemed to come out of nowhere and i had so much trouble breathing i almost passed out a few times. Has anyone else ever had a panic attack that almost made you pass out or actually pass out?

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I've had one that almost made me pass out, but never actually passed out from it.
    Sometimes I get them from thinking too much about something that's been worrying me. Was that happening while you were watching TV?

3. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Yeah, most of them were out of the blue (although there's always a reason, but we can't just see the correlation). It lasted long, I thought I was having a heart attack, and I called a friend at 2 am, for she came to pick me up. I passed out once. On the verge too... I quit counting.

4. corang

corang Well-Known Member

It felt like i was having a heart attack too my heart was going so fast it hurt. Usually when i have a panic attack it just feels like im suffocating even though im breathing fine but last night it so much worse I couldnt even breathe.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sometimes the panic attacks can come on for no apparent reason at all. some familiar sound or sense or just a memory can set me off. The important thing is to keep focus on your surroundings stamp your feet so you get the feeling where you are and defininetly call someone if you are able to for support. Let your doctor know of the attacks and maybe go on anxiety medication as this can help okay. I hope this helps

6. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I think i see my doctor in about a week ill let him know and see what he says. I barely remember 10 mins ago so i wouldnt be surprized if it was a memory usually they just make me depressed though. It does help thanks. :smile:

7. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I suffer severe panic attacks daily. I have actually passed out quite a few times because of them :(
    Lea :hug:

8. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Im sorry Lea :hug:

9. Pilko

Pilko Active Member

I aminly have them when I am in the car. It is a horrible feling and comes out of nowhere I can feel my heart thumping in my head and I have to take very deep breaths to try and calm down. Never pased out though

10. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

The only time I have ever had a panic attach that knocks me out is whnen I have a seizure, I can always tell when they are coming on.

But I have had panic attacks just come out of the blue, those never knock me out, but I do feel very drained after

11. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I was watching an episode of "Dirty Jobs" on the Discovery Channel that involved window washing 40 stories above the ground. I normally live with chronic anxiety daily but watching these guys each hanging from a single rope 400 feet above a concrete parking lot was making me panic wildly and nearly vomit.

12. Tweet1234

Tweet1234 Member

Ughhh i remember having a panic attack a couple months ago that was just horrible. It just hit me out of nowhere in the middle of the night and I started shaking uncontollably, major nausau(sp?), and my vision got all blurry, thankfully i knew i it was just a panic attack and there completely harmless even if going through it is absolutly terrifying :( lol but atleast for me when i feel one coming i just get one the internet and distract myself and the anxiety always dies down after a bit :)

13. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I also have episodes like that- I'll be watching something that triggers a panic attack or major anxiety.

Like the other day I was watching the movie "There Will be Blood" and it's mostly about oil drilling- I'm completely claustrophobic and these guys were down in near pitch darkness in these deep, deep narrow shafts. It drove me crazy, I had to stop watching it and moved my arms and legs around for a good five minutes just to calm myself down. I felt really foolish at the time to let a movie get to me but really there's not much one can do about that sort of ting =/

14. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yeah. i didn't realise they were panic attacks until recently cos i thought panic attacks were short lived. i try and keep them that way by focusing on daily stuff like, remembering to eat- and going to sleep. that way i'm not in a "long lasting panic attack-knocked out of my head-floating thing-blackout" that lasts weeks. i went through weeks of this that i recognise now, in 2007. weeks sometimes months. now i recognise it more, and know what to do to anchor/ground myself and i'm so proud of myself to be able to do that. i haven't been floating for long periods for months. and when i do feel the anxiety, the fear that basically paralyses me, i try very hard to not let it progress to something worse (floating for weeks, blackouts). in the past i wouldn't even have panic attacks, i'd automatically float and be so ill by forgetting to eat etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.