Has your depression put you in the hospital?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by boo, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I was forced to be hospitalized and kept in a ward because I made a dumb mistake a while ago. Been too open about my suicidal thoughts to my parents and they decided to get a court order to send me off to the ward.

Has your depression put you in the hospital?

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Yeah a couple times. The first time was about 10 years ago when I was 16. My mom forced me in one.

3. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Twice. And I hated it both times, and yes, it made me a lot more careful about who I tell things to and fear getting help because I dont want to end up back in a hospital, even if it is what they think i need because i did not really get any help there, they just baby sit you.

4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

hospital ward - twice

county mental health ER - twice - in handcuffs - talked my way out

5. ballinluig

ballinluig Well-Known Member

yes once , 2 years ago. went in volentarily, as a good friend talked to me and said dont get 'sectioned'. so whilst in local hospital 2 psycs and 1 dr came to see me and asked if i would take an od again and i said yes in the frame of mind i was in then. so they gave me 2 choices.

Ended up being in for 2 weeks and then slowly let home on hour release then worked up to a full weekend at home, Then re-assed to see if I could cope at home with 3 kids. Must admit didnt find it bad in psyc hospital, needed the help and time out from life.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
  6. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Yes, I was lucky and was in for daytimes only though. I told them I really wanted to sleep in my own bed, with my cat at night, and they worked with me and set things up so that if I had a crisis at night, I could get help. It was voluntary, which is probably a big part of why they were so willing to work with me. Overall it wasn't a bad experience, and really helped me get my life back on track.

Prior to that, I was in the ER once, dragged by my mother, which was an awful experience. They basically yelled at me, told me I was faking it for attention, and set me home. Thank god I saw better people when I checked myself in.

7. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Depression caused OD, and I was in the psych ward for two weeks. It fucking sucks when you have to leave, because you have to then get along with your miserable life.

8. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

9. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

oh my gosh my depression has landed me in the hospital way more times than i could ever count...things are quite a bit better for me now so i expect this trend to end...it's about dang time...landing in the hospital at least five times a year for about fifteen years sucked big time. i will let you do the math. lol all over now i'm sure take care

10. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

I'm there with you Wastingecho. Last week, my doctor sent cops to my place and I didn't answer the door b/c I knew it was the sound of polic officer's radios. Forced to the ER......tried to escape twice and then restrained. The county detained me to a mental ward. I talked my way out........

11. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I got admitted to the hospital once and ER 4 or 5 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.