hate family parties

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by corang, Dec 23, 2009.

1. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Its just another get together where theyre all gunna get smashed. I get to sit around pretty much and thats it. I have to listen to them get into drunken arguements and bitch about their problems all night. Most of their "problems" are bullshit like they cant afford something because they spent too much on their big houses plasma TVs nice cars etc. Not to mention all the money most of them spend on alcohol. If they had problems like my immediate family has for a while theyd never complain again. I hate my family when it comes to parties I hate them so much.
    (i know hate is a strong word and i dont hate them all the time but when it comes to parties im sick of them acting the way they do)
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Can you get out of going? I felt the same way about the family parties. Most of my family is sober through AA but still egotists when it comes to parties. I stay away from them.
  3. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I wish I could my mom pretty much always finds a way to get me to go. Its either her telling me too bad im going and if I argue with that she guilts me into going by saying ok i guess well all stay home tonight. I know that she wants to go so I end up going because I dont wanna make her miss the party because I dont wanna go. I know she wants to go to actually be with family because she doesnt drink so it really hurts when she does that to me.

Theres only 1 person in my family thats an admitted alcoholic. The rest "just like to have a drink" which turns into so many drinks they can barely walk.
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

HA! This is nothing compared to getting together with a bunch of lawyers on their time off!! I'm certain they do more drugs than the dope fiends they defend and prosecute. Talk about a group of drunks!

Just think of it as a chance to get some duty-free humor.
  5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I use to hide in the kitchen at family gatherings and do cleanup to pass the time.
  6. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I made this thread to get it off my chest I dont complain about family to family. Theyll always try to make it seem better than it is in reality. Yes I believe in defending family but I defend them when they deserve it not just because theyre family.

Ive usually got some cousins but the ones that are going to be at the party I dont fit in with.
  7. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Behave outlandishly and make random comments. Then again you likely find no amusement in such things...
  8. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Thats how I usually act just naturally not for any reason.