Hate going home...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cloud9, Jan 30, 2010.

1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I came home for the weekend from university. Its about and 1.5 hour away from school. I really don't look forward to coming home. Of course I never exactly remember the feeling as to why I hate it until I'm actually here. Then like a broken record I'm sort of subjected to the same ol' shit. Mom who is deeply religious due to the emotional abuse she's sustained over the years from my extended family and father just rags on and on about how I should recite this prayer for protection, should pray more, should read more Quran and how I should take a bunch of other magical piles of Islamic hoar shit seriously. I just don't want any of it, its caused me more grief than good.

My sis who is always at odds with my parents and argues with them is not a cup of tea either. I hate coming home to their arguments. Fortunately my dad has been out of town for a few weeks so there has been less of that. She constantly tries to communicate with me and wants me to be more open to her. How am I supposed to do that when the things that bother me the most are just not discussable? She'd freak or should freak if I told her I wanted to date. How I totally dig this asian non-muslim chick at uni. I mean how do I spill the beans on this shit? I'm just not an open person in general though. She of course takes the liberty to explain to me about how there are all these cute guys etc. at work, blah blah blah. I mean do I really need to hear that? Can't she talk about this stuff with her friends?

Dad's another slice of cake. Since he's not here I guess I can't complain. At least there's one less annoyance around the house.

Am I just and ungrateful prick? I hate the cards I've been dealt. Of course, that being said, there are people in worse situations......*sigh*:unsure:

2. Blues

Blues New Member

Hey there friend. I am new to the forum and just registered. I was amazed when I read your story since I am in your situation exactly. I wish I had something to say that will make you feel better, but if I had I would have told it to myself… lol. But at list know you are not alone.

3. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Hey,

Sorry to hear you're going through something similar. But yea will be leaving for school today. It should be better...