Hate my family!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Anam_Cara, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anam_Cara

Anam_Cara Well-Known Member

words can not express how deeply i loathe my family for their latest stunt.. 2 years ago i bought a home and due to financial circumstances have had to put it up for sale when i lost my job and got sick.. family took over helping me with the bills for the past year which i am grateful and appreciative of.. BUT here is the catch... them taking over the bills required me signing over my house to them, title wise, i invested in CASH almost everything i had to my name money wise i have NOTHING left now, absolutely NOTHING, and the house is FINALLY due to close in 2 weeks...

family announced today that even though it's closing in two weeks they are retaining the rights to the money and shelling it out to me as they see fit.. i was told i am NOT allowed to have any control of the money period, i can not put money in my own account, and it isnt even alot i asked back out of this sale, at best 4k.. basically my family is demanding that i allow them to control the money every last dime of it. said im not allowed to spend any they dont AGREE that i can spend or APPROVE of.. im f**king 29 years old and have to go to them like a child goes to a parent for an allowance.. granted they have helped me pay the bills for a year, but i invested everything i had in this home and only asked a few thousand to take a short trip and then get my life in order... i have classes i want to take education wise, and i was also told that i can take classes but again it has to be what THEY feel is appropriate or they wont release a dime to me for school.. i want to study hypno-therapy which they dont deem a skill in demand so i can kiss off my dreams and hopes on every leval now... i dont even have the option of choosing to take the classes i want to.. im really F**KED because ive got no legal leg to stand on, my name isnt on the title of the house.. i should NEVER have agreed to those conditions but one in distress often has no CHOICE and i didn't...

so angry right now im fighting the urge to land them in the hospital for a good beating.. they betrayed me, killed my hopes, took away a trip that was to be my SANITY, and are treating me like an incompetant child... ive never hated anyone with such a depth...

2. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

I may be a little confused with this post, but I'm not sure that's a good reason to hate your family to that extent. I don't know what the situation is from their point of view. Maybe they're doing a wrong thing, I don't know, but I doubt that they are deliberately trying to fuck up your life.
    What country are you in? Is there anyone else that might be able to help???

3. Ozibuna

Ozibuna Well-Known Member

I have to agree with panther on this one. It looks more like worried parents other then bad parents. I face the same situation from time to time with my parents but i know they mean the best. No risk-takers though, that's for sure.

4. Anam_Cara

:rolleyes: amazing how people miss the fact im TWENTY NINE not NINE... well meaning or NOT, to hang money over someone's head simply as a means of controlling them is WRONG... you do not understand my family, they are control freaks to the utmost degree.. tell their adult children what they can and cant do, what they can and cant eat, when they have to sleep or get up.. every aspect of the adults under these family members care is controlled and manipulated.. it looks well meaning on the outside, awwwww the caring family that is trying to protect us, but it's quite a bit more than that.. it's outright control to a degree over the years that has caused me suicidal bouts, manic depression and anxiety issues i cant handle anymore..

YOU try being 24/7 under someones control like its a prison, actually prisoners have MORE freedom than i do.. :mad: no one ever understands unless its THEM involved.. YOU try having someone hang money over your head, when you're dirt poor and have ZERO money in your account, no education, two or three outfits to your name, and NO medical insurance or way to improve your health and happiness.. TRY it then tell me you'd not feel as i do.. try having to grovel and BEG for your family to give you money that YOU already invested into a house and is RIGHTFULLY owed to you...

im not being greedy, they get almost ALL the money by my granting that.. i offered it before they took the title over.. and they repay me by telling me that i have to come to THEM for every cent, turn over receipts, get approval for every purchase even if its a trip to the movies, THEY get to choose to deny me money for education simply because THEY dont like the choice of class i want to take.. who the F**K made them GOD over me? you're forgetting a major point to this.. it is MY house first and foremost, i paid for it outright, in cash, placed it on the lot its on, set it up, and i have to GROVEL to them for a few thousand? i put in more than they'll even get out of the sale.. this is insanity... and BETRAYAL, id never make someone especially a loved one grovel to me when they were poor and vulnerable...

you dont get it, my family CONTROLS, thats what they are about, they control their children and family members to a very unhealthy degree.. i am a legal adult here in the USA the legal age is 18, and i am 29 years old, not their little child to control and manipulate... that isnt LOVE... its control..

5. Ozibuna

Ozibuna Well-Known Member

Quite frankly i'd trade your family for the backstabbing relatives that i have. The difference with them is they don't give you even a cent, at all. Granted those don't even know what control means, they're too stupid.

6. Anam_Cara

GOOD if you'd take them fine... PLEASE do... id settle for NO family over these control freaks... every breath in their presence i LOATHE...

id rather have NOTHING then to have to grovel and kiss some control freaks butt to get it..

7. monkeypunchluff

monkeypunchluff Well-Known Member

Since I got out of the psych ward, my parents have been urging me to get back. I found out that it's so they can declare me incompetent to manage my own finances, and rob me blind.

I f*cking hate "family" like that.

Anyways, it might be good to talk to a lawyer with a free consultation service. They might be able to help you out.

Also might be good to set up a new bank account, and funnel some money into it.

Keep strong bro!

8. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

So does blaming other people for the way your life is cause you to feel good then? We've all been there. Why don't you start to try and like yourself a bit and try and find a way to get your life back on track. You might have to put up with things for a while, but one thing is guaranteed, if you stay like this, things will not change. Venting is fine, but making posts with the sole purpose of telling everyone how bad people are is not going to help you.
    And that last post from monkeypunchluff did have some fairly helpful advice. You must try and at least start to do something for yourself.

9. Anam_Cara

Ive not had net access for a few days... and first ill address panther.. i am expressing my hurt, and yes hatred over what is happening in my life.. not blaming others for the bad in my life.. just blaming them for the bad THEY cause.. big difference buddy..

second, i HAVE tried over and over and over to get my life back on track.. nearly IMPOSSIBLE when every state agency refuses to grant you assistance or help to do so and you're so poor you havent even got a dime to your name.. so dont tell me about "trying" to get my life on track.. i have been trying for years now to do so.. i am disabled, sick constantly, unable to hold a job at present, have no money to my name, no education past 9th grade, no GED, and i've lost every damn thing i did own previous to this.. jobs, my house, my father, a close friend, all my savings which were needed to SURVIVE on when i lost my job, need i go on? on top of this now im being forced to move into situation that is NOT healthy for my mental state.. i am bipolar with manic depression and cant be treated with medication for it, the situation im going into is very likely to be the final nail on my coffin..you do not know me to make judgements...

10. ZundertowZ

ZundertowZ Well-Known Member

i wish may parents paid my bills! my mom actually put me in a major hole!

11. Anam_Cara

Them paying the bills doesnt give them an excuse to do what they are either.. its greatly appreciated the help ive had.. thats NOT what im upset over *sighs* none of you GET IT... doesnt make it right what they are doing to me at the age of 29, controlling me as if i was a toddler, and i cant do a damn thing about it because i have no other friends or family to stay with.. they've got me in checkmate and they know it.. did i mention that the reason i am losing my house in part is THEIR fault as well? they chased off my would be roomate and ruined the chance for me to have my own place in doing so..

every time i manage to get OUT of their home they meddle in my new location and start a war zone.. same thing happened in my marriage.. they meddled and my ex beat me for their meddling every time they did.. no one understands how controlling my relatives are.. i couldnt give a rats backside if my bills got paid in this moment all i know is that i am in a prison and i am getting so desperate its soon to be suicide as an alternative to living with them.. right now in a good sized house i have NO privacy, cant even use a bathroom without them walking in on me, the bathroom doors dont have locks and they wont put any on, and i CANT because i have no money.. they're in my face 24/7 365 days a week controlling every aspect of my life.. i CANT f**king take this any longer... no one gets how insane this is making me to have to live every day this way... if i was a little toddler i could see this being okay, but its NOT for a 29 year old ADULT... and i cant GO anywhere either.. i have no car, no money for cab and NO bus line within walking distance (nearest is 2 1/2 miles down a busy interstate highway) guess i could go play chicken with the semi-trucks and speeding cars! might be an improvement from this.. did i also mention that in 9 days i am going to be moving into a 33 foot rv with 3 of them and 2 dogs? not talking about an rv trip.. they're intending to live in it full time for an extended period of time..

12. mikeroq

mikeroq New Member

I can totally see where your coming from. What they are doing is wrong, If I was in this situation I would want to kill myself too. I wish there was some advice I could give you, or someway I could help you.

Please don't kill yourself, and try talking to a lawyer about this, there could be a way to get your money.

Best of luck!

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.