Hate my job

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Fitzy, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

There - I've said it. I HATE MY JOB!!!!
    This was supposed to be a new & exciting opportunity for me & it's crap!!!!
    I feel underused and undervalued. I'm sick of working with people whose values are so far from mine and who are so fucking smug.

2. Aimee_in_Wonderland

Aimee_in_Wonderland Well-Known Member

what kind of job would you like to do?

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

The job I'm doing now but with different management & recognition of my skills, knowledge & experience.

4. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

I hear that. I work with a bunch of clowns who think what we do isn't worthless monkey work.

5. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Hmmm wanna swap? Im unemployed and have been for sometime and cannot find a job anywhere. You could always quit

6. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Fair point - sorry!

7. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

If you enjoy the type of work you are doing don't quit. Is there no higher management you could talk to and explain how you feel at work? Or is moving to a different team an option as its the people and the way you are treated not the job you have issues with

8. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

That's good advice but not possible at the moment as we are a small project team. The project ends in March so I am looking for something new.
    In the grand scheme I probably have to suck it up but I am going to talk to my particularly snotty colleague.
    Thanks

9. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Do you think she realises she is making you feel so bad working there?
    It sounds like a good idea to talk to her, iv worked with people before who dont realise they are treating you like a newbie until you tell them.
    Good luck