Hate that inadequate feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleach

It is driving me crazy, I feel like I am finally making some progress in my social anxiety but there is always this feeling underlying. Like this certainty that i will never quite get it right, there will always be something missing there in the way i interact with people and I will never be the way I want to be because of that. people will always know there is something not right with me and stay away because of that.

bleach

Well I am thinking a bit more realistically today. I just had a bad night and it is disappointing when you put in a lot of effort to change and nothing seems to happen. But I know that is the way this thing works, you have to put in 100 to get 5. It sucks sometimes when I have setbacks but overall I am getting better... I think.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Where is that voice coming from? That voice of doubt and inadequacy is not inherent in a person. It must have come from a parent or someone that led you to feel this way.
Figure out where that voice is coming from, and then counteract it. It sounds like you've had enough positive reinforcement to admit that you are making at least some progress. Also find out where the voice of reinforcement is coming from.
When the voice of doubt comes immediately counteract it with your loving reinforcement and believe with everything in you that the voice of doubt is false and the loving encouragement is the true voice within you.

You can do it! :hug:

bleach

Where is that voice coming from? That voice of doubt and inadequacy is not inherent in a person. It must have come from a parent or someone that led you to feel this way.
Figure out where that voice is coming from, and then counteract it. It sounds like you've had enough positive reinforcement to admit that you are making at least some progress. Also find out where the voice of reinforcement is coming from.
When the voice of doubt comes immediately counteract it with your loving reinforcement and believe with everything in you that the voice of doubt is false and the loving encouragement is the true voice within you.

You can do it! :hug:
Thanks, this is what I have been trying to do already, I hope it works. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00