hate this depressed life

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by fading_dreams, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fading_dreams

fading_dreams Well-Known Member

my sister is mad at me because i'm depressed. she doesn't understand why i can't be happy.
    my parents want me to go to some sort of a therapist or something if i'm going to stay on medication and i don't know what to do.... i don't know if i really want to go see a therapist. almost all of the counselors i've had before i've had really bad relationships with.
    all in all i just hate my life... i wish that i could be normal, but i know that there's no way that i will be.
  2. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

im not really in any ready position to start dealing out advice but i thought id share with you some of my thoughts and experiances:

i think its good you realise it is not entirely you that is making unhappy. you mentioned you were taking meds? if they arnt working perhaps you should tell your doctor and they might put you on a different type.

similarly, you might want to try a different type approach to therapy. for example, ive gone to about 4 different councillors/threrapists who have all used the CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) approach. this does not work for me so I am seeking a therapist that uses Narrative therapy as opposed to CBT. dont be afraid to question your therapist and speak your opinions. remember, your paying them shite loads for their services!

best of luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.