hating food = a disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be insulting in any way, just have a few questions, please pardon my ignorance.

I hate eating, I really hate it...I do it 'cause otherwise I'd die but I don't eat much...about 1 meal a day...I swear if I had the money, I'd only eat liquid meals and take vitamins pills, that's how bad I hate eating...

is that an eating disorder? 'cause if I could live without eating I would...

how can you get yourself to love eating? am I like the only one who feels this way about food?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

If you hate eating, there must be a reason...it is the reason why you hate eating that would determine how to view it...most importantly, it is whether it negatively affects your life and well being...if you are concerned, there are many therapists specializing in ED or maybe your family physician who you can consult...my general rule of thumb is that if the person thinks it's a problem, then it is a problem...glad you are seeking advise, and looking to improve this...J

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There are medicaiton that do increase your want for food hun that alters ones mind to actually like eating talk to your doctor okay see what can be done

4. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

yep when people don't want to eat they can sometimes get a medical cannabis prescription, at least in some states. it's pretty important to get bioavailable nutrients from fruits and vegetables especially. i think of food as mostly medicinal these days, but eating certain things does help with my mood and health

what is your relationship with food? i mean, do you just not enjoy it or do you associate it with anything like getting fat, or a certain physical sensation...?

5. morning rush

well I'm already fat...so...huh...no I've never liked eating...I only eat when I'm really hungry...I think it might have to do with my digestive tracks, I have problems with it...food comes back up because I have this kind of thing at the end of my oesophase, there should be like a cap that closes to keep food in stomach but mine doesn't close completely...so food can come up anytime...

and I'm picky...there's alot of foods I dont eat...it just doesn't taste good...not even sweets...actually I'm a salty person...I rarely eat sweets stuff...

to total eclipse: I can take meds to make myself hungrier but it won't make me want to eat...I hate it...

6. cutiepie132

cutiepie132 Well-Known Member

Your esophageal sphincter isn't closing.. Have you considered surgery to fix this, or tried any exercises to strengthen it. I think maybe you should have yourself checked out for addison's disease.. It causes those salt cravings and gastrointestinal problems. It may not be an issue, but there's no harm in asking your doctor to look into it.

7. morning rush

I already had a camera to look at my stomach when they thought that I maybe had an ulcer and the cap at the end can't close, there's no exercises or operation to deal with it but meds, which I am going to ask for when I see my doctor...has nothing to do with me hating food though....half the time I don't want to eat anything, I'll look at the fridge, the freezer and the cupboards and I don't feel like eating anything

8. cutiepie132

cutiepie132 Well-Known Member

http://www.lapsurg.org/reflux.html

You do have a surgical option if all else fails. Acid reflux pills only keep me partially calm, I also have to avoid NSAID's and any food that trigger's it. It seems though, any pill I swallow is capable of eating away at my stomach lining. Well feels that way the majority of the time.

As long as you are eating, is the important thing. I couldn't even begin to guess why you feel that way. Do you think it might be related to the mood your in, the depression? I never want to eat if I am in a bad mood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.