Hating it!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by odin93, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odin93

odin93 Guest

Hey everyone,

i just feel like such a loner all teh time and that the people i hang out with just like dont like me and hang out with me because i just tag along, and that some people are just talking to me because of pity, and i have an absolutely horrible self esteem. Like people put me down and i agree with them and then i start thinking that maybe its actually true that they actually think like that of me and that im this person that no one can like and that will be lonely for hte rest of my life with no one to love. and i talk to people and they talk about their relationship problems and i kind of envy them. Even sometimes have thoughts about suicide because i just feel so dang lonely sitting here in my house every single night on the computer and it feels like everyone has a better life then me. Thanks for letting me let it out.

2. I think the first step you should take to feel less lonely is to buld up some self esteem. Sounds hard but- If you think very poorly of yourself, it gives people all the more reason to talk down on you and it makes it harder to socialize. People wont think to great about you if you dont feel too great about yourself. I know what it feels like to be lonely, and its not fun. But all you can do is keep trying. Not everybody will look down on you, some people are very accepting and will not make you feel like talking to you is a pitty. You just have to find them. Hit me up VIA aim/msn/PM if you would like to talk.

3. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

OMG I soooo know that feeling..lol thats what i felt like when i used to hang out with big groups of friends, i would feel like i wasnt important, and treat myself that way to. I would feel like theyre just using me, or dont really care about me and just feeling sorry for and letting me tag along.. i know what youre going through. i still feel that way, my friends are like 90% of the initiating the call and asking to hang out, and if i feel like i do it, and they say yes, i feel like theyre just doing it because they feel sorry for me. you know what helped me a tad bit? dressing up. i like dressing really nice, it helps me feel a littl ebit better about myself. and you guessed it, nothing touches me but black..lol maybe you could try something like that?

4. odin93

odin93 Guest

Great advice, thanks to both of you, well im a guy co i cant really dress up in any certain way haha. but i have changed from bright clothes to dark, and i am from a small town so everyone kind of thinks im wierd now, but im moving soon so thats what keeps me going, i just beleive that it will be better once i move.

5. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I feel the exact way you described yourself in the first post. I believe every criticism someone says about me. Even if I objectively know it's not true, I still believe it. It's crazy. :(

I've tried building self esteem through exercise in a book, Self-Esteem by McKay and Fanning(I think that was their names), but I grew really frustrated with it because it didn't feel like they were making any difference and it only made me feel more depressed. I don't know if I believe in a way to permanently change the way you feel about yourself... it seems like everyone is ingrained with certain ideas in their early years and we stick with them for life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.