hating myself for my weakness

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by theleastofthese, Jan 5, 2008.

1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

am struggling to get thru the first day of alcohol withdrawal but the anxiety is horrible... and I brought it all upon myself, fool that I am.:mad: I want to stay sober but I let myself down time after time.:sad: I'd like to fast-forward to next week to be done with the withdrawal but have to get thru the next few days without relapsing. So sick of myself and my failures.:sad:
  2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

You can do this, least. :arms:
  3. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

I know you would have been told before, but would doing something else with your time help? if you can that is.

Try some new hobby, reading if that works... just anything.
  4. theleastofthese

the withdrawal agitation is like a panic attack. my heart races and I can't stay still. it's awful but it's worse cause I brought it upon myself.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Don't hate yourself for your weakness but rather embrace yourself for your strength in trying. Some people simply decide they will never be able to do this and don't even try. You keep trying even though you sometimes stumble. that takes true courage. :hug:
  6. theleastofthese

I'm now on Day Three and thank God for the lorazepam my doctor gave me. I'll really need it cause yesterday I quit smoking too. I figured if I'm going to go thru alcohol and nicotine withdrawal I may as well do it while I have the meds to quell the effects of withdrawal. Wish me luck!
  7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Luck, blessings and :hug: 's u can do it :smile:
  8. Robin

Robin Guest

Good luck least! You may well think the leastofthese about yourself but we think of you the most of all, as charming as you are intelligent, it's surprising how easy we get into these things yet find it so hard to get out but am here anytime you need support :hug: :)
  9. theleastofthese

don't you just hate losers like me? I fell off the wagon and am now drunk and have to go work this afternoon. I have no money to buy anoather bottle so will have to go thru Day One all over again, becasue I'm such a loser. I hate myself
  10. Robin

Robin Guest

You live in a world where a fresh start is just a daybreak away, as long as you have that you have the ability to break free no matter how many fresh starts it takes to get there :hug: