Hating yourself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by InnerStrength, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

I've been in a fit of extreme self-loathing lately, and when I think of suicide I'm not frightened. This must be the key to "get up the nerve" to do the deed. If only that pesky morality didn't get in the way.

Anyway, when I think of myself, I almost shudder with revoltion. I guess that's when you know you truly hate yourself. I suppose that means I'm just getting one step closer...

2. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I've hated myself for years. Since long before I wanted to kill myself. I dont think they are necessarily correlated,

3. bluefugue

bluefugue Member

I'm deeply disappointed in myself for not having the energy to do the things in life I should have done, in the past, and in the present. I'm angry at myself. Sometimes the feeling rises to hatred, but I think it's more complex than that. There's a lot about myself that I value if I think about it honestly.

It's possible to get caught up in a very negative spiral when your thoughts drift in this direction. It all just feeds on itself out of all proportion to reality. But if you reflect on things you have done in your life -- moments of kindness or creativity insight, for instance -- you will probably find that there is something in there to be proud of. I also think we sometimes ignore how much we are valued by other people, friends and family, etc. When you are inside yourself it's hard to see the good things that others see in you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.