hault right there

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by silent_chaos, May 2, 2016.

1. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

I don't know why I do it. I spend hours watching conspiracy theories and false flag videos. I'm obsessed with watching tragic and depressing videos. It scares the shit out of me and causes me to not want to leave my house sometime, well a lot of times. But my curiosity is never satisfied. Ive mentioned it to my therapist, but she's like so.... Like there is nothing wrong with it, it doesn't seem like a big deal. But it is, there are times I don't want to hang out with friends or family just to get a"fix" I'm at a loss. I feel terrible of myself. I love debate and hearing peoples different perspectives. But....
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Do you think you may use the videos to 'comfort' yourself, that your anxiety is falsely validated? While in fact you are making them worse (sorry that sounds harsher than I mean it)

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Do you think you could set some form of goal of a number of days without watching any of these things?
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sounds like you got hooked onto those things like other people are like to video games its intervening in your life

Your Therapist might have different POV on it but idk if its healthy if you need that much of it everyday, what about shifting your focus to something else like a documentary about homeless people instead of an conspiracy theory? Trying something similiar style but a topic differently and see how you adapt ? Online debates?
  4. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

You didn't across harsh, It is some kind of comfort. I try to look at innoccent videos but but videos will come in my feed as a recommendation cause I watch other videos like it. I feel empathy when watching and imagine what would I have done if I where in that situation, and run with it. But what bothers me the most is watching conspiracy theories, and false flags. To say it didn't really happen or its an inside job. Even about chemtrails. Honestly I feel horrible. I really want/need help for it.