Have I envisaged a future tragedy?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thebaronspell, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebaronspell

thebaronspell Well-Known Member

Everytime I manage to get to bed at a respectable hour I end up waking up half way through my sleep with a short but very vivid nightmare which I guess lasts for two minutes at a time then I just fall back asleep.

The other night I saw a young boy who from what I saw had a bright yellow school bag on his back and was crossing the road when he dropped something, the waiting traffic was patiently observant of life around them however to the side of this young boy was a Fire Engine and the driver was unable to see this person as the height of this vehicle outmarked him. Suddenly the tail end of this vehicle lifted into the air and the boy was crushed to death and all I remember was screaming and somebody running past the scene. I'm guessing the person who was running was me.... Then I woke up and fell back to sleep. It's really freaked me out that this could happen for real in the future in my town etc. Don't understand why this has stuck in my brain when I've had other nights like this.

2. whativebecome

whativebecome New Member

It is weird how some dreams are that real. In January of 2006 (I remember because I wrote it in my journal the next morning) I had a dream that one of my teachers whom I was very close to was pregnant and had a miscarriage. I don't know why I dreamt that, she was never pregnant nor did she have kids. It was really strange. Later on in the year, she was pregnant with twins. Almost exactly one year after that dream, right before I had to be put into a hospital for self injury, I found out that she had lost the pregnancy. It was so sad and strange.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

It's funny how some dreams may actually be premonitions. I once had a dream that I was attending my grandmother's funeral and a year or so later she died. If some dreams seem really real, it may be worth recording them in a journal for future reference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.