Have to Hide it

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Lost Disciple, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

Last night I cut the deepest I ever have, at about 2 or 3 in the morning. I realized after a while that I wasn't thinking straight and called a friend for help. She distracted me with talk long enough that the blood dried (all of it) and I was thinking straight again. It took over an hour

But now I have a problem. You see, I'm starting in a new school down here and my older brother decided that since I was going to be going to his school now, I need a good image. He bought me a bunch of new clothes that I'm supposed to try on tonight. Only, the thing is, a bunch of them are short-sleeved and I cut high on my upper forearm. The one cut is so deep that now, almost 12 hours later, it still hasn't completely sealed up. I have to go over to his house this afternoon and try the outfits on.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can hide this so that no one sees? It's on the top of my arm, just barely covered by a long-sleeved shirt, and it's so incredibly obvious that there is no way I could come up with an excuse for it. Please?

2. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Do you have other cuts/scars on your arm? If you haven't then maybe you could cover it with a dressing or something and think of a (good) excuse..

3. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

You could possibly make an excuse, say you did it by accident while trying to cut something. If you have a sister or are a girl yourself you could try plastering it with skin colored makeup, though it sounds like you would have to use allot. Try covering up the worst part with a bandaid and then the less severe with makeup.

Also I would like to know what sex you are, you sound like you're a girl - "trying on outfits"? But I'm not sure. I apologize if I offend you by saying that...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2007
  4. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

Lol, I'm not offended, to be sure. But I don't think I'll answer at this time (not that I keep it that much a secret), just to bug you. Suffice it to say that no matter what sex I was, my brother would still have bought me outfits to try on. He wants me to dress like a prep.

Anyway, I managed to get away with just twisting weird or having my hand on that part of my wrist-ish arm. However, I had school today and was obligated to wear one of the short-sleeved shirts... ...but luckily, before long, I was able to use the excuse that I was cold and put a sweatshirt on over it. I don't know how to use make-up to cover it up. Also, my mother knows that I 'used to' cut, and even a band-aid wouldn't stop her from understanding. I guess I don't care what they say at this new school, as long as my brother or mother don't find out.

But, whatever, I guess it's alright now. And the cut finally sealed...
    Does anyone know how deep a cut has to be before it needs stitches?

5. Anamnesis.

Anamnesis. Active Member

I've had cuts pretty deep via myself and they healed up just fine (3cm at the most), I would think a cut around 4-5cm might need stitches.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.