Have To Move Again

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by fromthatshow, Sep 18, 2008.

1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I've been living with a very good friend of mine for about a month but recently it's become too much because I do not have my own car etc.
    I was going to stay at a homeless shelter but to keep Katie from feeling guilty, I decided to move back in with my Mom and sister. I am very scared to be living with them again, but I'll do my best I guess.
  2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Good luck :hug:
  3. 643921

643921 Active Member

I hope it works out for you and the time you're going to be spending there :hug:
  4. fromthatshow

Don't know. It is not the most supportive place.
    I am thinking of checking myself into the Institute of Living in Hartford for a long-term stay. I'm going to look the place up tonight and see what it's about.
    I haven't felt stable since March of this year for even half a second.
    I don't feel safe at all. I need love, I want love.
  5. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Not a supportive place... but at least it's a place you can stay in right?

So.... let me know how's everything going 'kay? I want to know if you're doing 'aight wherever you are. :hug: :hug:

6. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

If you feel that checking in somewhere would help you, please do it! You deserve a safe place.

Let us know how everything goes. :hug:
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Spencer you should do whatever you need to in order to feel safe and supported. If that means checking in for an extended stay, then do it. Take a little time to think things through. :hug:
  8. fromthatshow

thanks guys :grouphug:
  9. fromthatshow

One day living at my Mom's and already all this fighting. I am so not welcome there, that's why I left to being with. I have no place to go.
    I called a suicide hotline. Told them I get out of work in an hour, then I don't know what. They talked to me for a bit then gave me the number of a crisis line of a hospital near me, hope they can help me out.
    I am so scared. I wish I had a safe place to heal, yet at the worst emotional time of my life I also find I have no place to go and am worrying about what I'm going to eat every day.
    Does it sound like I should check into a hospital? The only thing that holds me back is that my therapist is such a good therapist, and if I'm an inpatient, I won't be able to go see her. Maybe I could continue phone sessions or something, although it's not always the same.

I called the crisis team in a town near me and told them that I have no place to go, no food. They asked if I had looked at shelters, I said I have no way of even getting to a shelter. They said they would call me back before I would get out of work, and that their crisis team would come out here to talk to me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  10. fromthatshow

The crisis team came. They were going to take me to a shelter in Hartford but my Mom said I could come home because my sister wasn't there. They thought I was calling them more because I didn't have a place to stay than because I was suicidal. It's not that they didn't think I was depressed etc., but they kept expressing how short-term staying at a shelter or going to the hospital is.

It seems there are no answers. I have nothing.
  11. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Short term maybe, but if you're not well happy in that house... maybe you should stick with staying in a shelter or a hospital? I find it easier to keep my thoughts together when I avoid my mom in an isolated room. (she LOVES to find any possible complaints she has about me and start arguments) :dry:
  12. fromthatshow

I am still at my Mom's. I guess it is not too terrible.
    I have so much to worry about though. I've called my social worker every day this week and he never answers and his machine is always maxed out in messages so I can't even leave him a message!

What kind of work is there for a 19 year old without a college degree?
    What kind of hope do I have of doing anything worth doing?
    It is so frustrating that the most difficult emotional period of my life has to be coupled with the most difficult financial time of my life. I don't even feel like one caused the other, they just happened upon each other.
    I don't know how to handle this situation. I wish I had guidance. I think I will talk to my therapist about what I can do. I feel so lost!