Have you actually been there? *Religious Content*

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Kally101, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kally101

Kally101 Member

Has anyone actually died and was brought back to life?

If so did you see yourself going towards Heaven or H*ll? The only thing and I mean the only things from truly keeping my from ending it all is the fear of Hell which is eternal. It use to be family and H*ll, but death happens and at one point in time they will have to deal with it. So what if it's now or later?

I know Christ died for our sins and I get so many mixed messages when it comes to suicide. Some say you go straight to H*ll because you have interrupted God's plan. Other say through Christ you will be saved and still have a chance to go to heaven if you believe in him. Which I strongly do. I also think that if anyone wants out why is that a problem? Why can't you think that and still believe in Christ?

I hope in no way have I mocked Christ or God be asking the question I do or the things I say. I just want answers. I rarely go to others with question, because everyone starts saying how you don't trust God enough our your faith is not strong enough. I have been told God gives you the desires of your heart, but if the answer is no what are you suppose to do go on forever asking and wishing for things that that will never happen? *sigh*

So if you have been there please share. Thanks.
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Re: Have you actually been there?

You should do some research on the net, there's load of 'near death experiences' quite interesting really about people who have been that close. whether you believe them or not is another question :tongue: Who's to say that suicide isnt god's intention for you, who says suicide is so wrong???
  3. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

There's only one unforgiveable sin and that is not suicide

There are books about people who have died and been brought back. 90 Minuets in Heaven is a good one. A guy dies and goes to Heaven but doesn't get inside the gaits before he's brought back to life. Still he talks about Heaven and what he sees there. It would probably be a good book for you to read because at one point he does want to kill himself. It's an amazeing book. I also know there's a lot of stories and stuff about people dieing and seeing a bright light then later come back to life.
  4. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take near-death experiences too seriously in deciding whether or not to go on with this life. Death is, by definition, permanent, so people who've had near-death experiences and lived to tell about it have not actually died. The relevance of anything they may have experienced is entirely open to question.

That said, I can name two people who died and came back to life, and it worked out all right for both of them: Jesus, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
  5. Eztral

Eztral Member

The only unforgivalbe sin is mocking the holy spirit.
    I must however that, hell is a reason manytimes I've stayed my hand..
    I don't know if suicide is "allowed" or not. But for now, it's not a risk I'm willing to take..
  6. Kally101

Kally101 Member

Thanks to all. This gives me a lot to think about.

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you. some say that they didnt pass away because it wasnt their time, some did pass, maybe because God knew it was their time.
    there are lots of NDEs on the net, and most of them state that they were not in hell ( for those who attempted suicide), only given the choice to stay or leave.
    as for the OP, this is off subject but a very good friend of my parents did have a NDE and was eventually shown his life and a light, very peaceful one. he spent 7 months in a coma ( due to an aeroplane accident) and the only thing hes to remember was this dream a few hours before he woke up miracurously -4 hours after ( he was brain dead). not sure this is true - im not religious myselfand this might be because he was to wake up and his brain was re-functionning- but the guy wont ever talk about it again and as become religious ( he wasnt baptized, he did so a few months later), but he wont talk about it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2008
  8. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I have long believed that suicide victims can go to heaven. Heaven or Hell is a decision we all make, whether by choice or by not choosing. Having attempted a number of times, I believe that God forgives, and what he sees is the atoning blood of Christ, which cancels out the sins of a believer. Another thought I've had is that those of us struggling with SI (suicidal ideation) are not thinking rationally, and not making rational decisions - certainly not as rational as if we were mentally well. As I said, God forgives because what he sees is our heart.
  9. ava.

ava. Well-Known Member

A guy in my old school had heart surgery, and he died for a few seconds but was brought back to life. I don't know if he was telling the truth, but yeah. :unsure:
  10. Rawr

Rawr Active Member

About 17 years ago my mum jumped from a 5th floor buliding cause there was a fire in her flat and died for 10 mins..she said that all she remembers is floating above her body and just wondering why she was naked (they had to rip her cloths off obv. to shock her) and she doesnt remeber anything else. I guess she wasnt 'dead' long enough to experince more but she did say even though it was short it was an amazing experince in a weird way...
  11. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

How do we know NDE's aren't simply products & reactions of our brain, and have nothing to do with the afterlife?

By what evidence do you use to conclude that they do have to do with the afterlife?

Just some questions to think about :)
  12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

We don't know. Only the experience in and of itself can make you feel one way or the other. "For those who don't believe, no proof is possible, for those who believe, no proof is necessary" (St. Theresa of Avila).

We can always doubt. Think about it. No matter how much someone loves you and shows you that they love you, your doubt can creep in and you may not believe them. Fine. That is your prerogative, but it doesn't make it true. The evidence you THINK you have may be only a FRACTION of the available data, so you utilize your available data and intelligence to form an opinion, but you can never really know the truth.

You either believe or you don't and this can change over time, and it does.

But the bottom line is that if you WANT to believe, you will, and if you DON'T, you won't.

I have seen things (available on the internet) that seem to indicate beyond any real, rational explaination that God exists, or at least, that the supernatural exists. I posted these things and they were either dismissed or simply not commented upon by atheists.

People who do not want to believe and people who DO want to believe (in God or a higher power) will never change their minds.

The main point I am making is that Atheists feel superior in their beliefs and refuse to acknowledge any real arguements against their beliefs, and vice-versa for people who believe in God.

I have yet to meet a person (despite their own protests) who is actually looking for the truth...only people who want to prove a point.

So the arguement is silly, unless you are discussing these things with someone who is actually willing to accept that either God does or does NOT exist, no matter what they hope for, which is very nearly impossible no matter what people say they believe.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  13. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

First of all im very happy to be alive. When i was in coma for a month after a suicide attempt i know i saw the other side. Im not scared, but very greatfull to be given another chance.
  14. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  15. brokensoul98

brokensoul98 Well-Known Member

i was in alot of pain one time and took too many pain pills accidentally,,was rushed to hospital..only remember floating above my body watching the dr's pushing a tube down my throat and heard him telling the nurse ," she is going to be one sick little girl when she wakes up"..thats all i remember..
  16. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

Have to agree with this poster...How do we know that NDE's aren't just the residual sensory input as the body shuts down?
    Or that visions of heaven and hell aren't just taught reflexes (After having Christian images, iconography and words fed to you throughout your life, these would be your predominate visions as you were taught that this is how it would be)

I have no desire to spark an ideological arguement, only to explore that which I do not know
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  17. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

The supernatural world does indeed exist, but since it's beyond our rational thinking processes, most people simply won't except it regardless how much 'evidence' is available. I also believe that spirits influence our actions in ways that we can't even begin to understand. Evil spirits like it when we harm ourselves or engage in destructive behaviours. They use us for our energy, because they need our energy to get stronger.
  18. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

erm, what?
    You cant die, "for 10 mins"

19. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Sure you can. A person can be clinically dead and then be brought back to life.
  20. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

I see you didnt get my point. If you die, its over. no more life.
    being clinically dead merely means, no breathing/pulse :tongue:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.