Have You Ever Attempted Because You Couldn't Tell Anyone?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Keiran, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone here has ever attempted suicide enough just to end them up in the hospital but probably not dead just because you wanted people to know your feelings, but you just couldn't tell anyone? Or something like that.

For example, you took a large dose of some pills then called 911 so when your blacked out you'd be brought to the hospital and saved.

I can't talk to anyone in my family about this stuff and for some reason I feel like this would be the only way to let them know. But then again I may actually end up dead. Not completely sure if I'm ready for that yet.

Anyways I was just wondering if someone had done something like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
  2. Khloe

Khloe Well-Known Member

I've thought about it, loads of times.
    Its not so much wanting to kill yourself, i think its a cry for help, or to be noticed by people close to you.
    Thats why i've thought about it anyway, to make my mum see that i'm unhappy, and to show her i'm not right at the moment.

Your right though, there is a chance it could all go wrong, you could die. And that wouldn't be good would it :(
    I think the best thing is to try and work on your feelings, and telling people how you feel, rather than doing something so drastic to show them.

Its hard :( but i think we've all thought about it..

You can talk to me, whenever

xxx

3. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

I could never see myself actually telling my mom or dad something like this. Its like I don't even ask for much but yet they still do so much for me.

But other than the people in my family, there's only one other person who I can talk to. The one true friend I actually have. And I said I was gonna be the opposite of who I was last year..and now it seems as though I'm in a worse situation.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Talk to someone...and talk to us here...it does not have to be such a lonely journey and you deserve the support and caring of others...also, maybe by talking to someone, you can talk to your MD/GP and see what treatment can be recommended...please stay safe and let us know what is going on...big hugs, J

5. Sparky42

Sparky42 Member

I constantly fantasize about this scenario. Never tried it.

Yep, scary.

It's comforting to know I'm not the only one with these thoughts.

6. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

suicide for attention sounds like the worst way to ameliorate your emotions, shows you are in a vicious cycle and want to depend on people you cant depend. Even if people get more interested because its so shocking it wont last, i think you r batter off socking them with something else that is less damaging to you since they r such uncaring people
    I do feel suicidal when I cant talk to someone but i learned getting the attention did not help since its just useless, they r crap, have nothing real to say and i hate them , I can make up my own encouragements batter than them they only lye at best.
    Anyway if they really are in that much denial screaming at them your intentions and expressing your emotions and some anger might work batter in the long run then hurting yourself for attentions.

Dunno if I should play the adivisor since am not in the position, but ive been the "dont care about myself since no one does road" and for me conclusion was they need a slap on the cheek, i hate them and every time they talk about respect and dignity i give them the slap they deserve since they treat me like they do and they really have nothing to say to me about those things.
    Yes not having the understanding someone still hurts but at least now i have a understanding me and believe me its damn nice and know I dont need their retarded defective attention, look where it got me already, they did not live with my issues and cant handle them themselves, theyr attention is as worthfull as a dogs but at least the second is more pure, this people its sad they talk, i can pray at god or pray at myself in the mirror or rub my belly its the same.

7. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I was just on the phone before with my sister and thought about telling her how rotten I feel.In the past when I've told her at times she's spoken to me like just get up and do things etc etc and I've felt guilty for saying something.She has been quite supportive but still I've felt hard to get support from her and others.

8. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

I did when i was 16, i thought it would make people listen to me when i knew that years of not-feeling-right weren't normal but i ended up with an awful counsellor and feeling worse afterwards because it didn't really get me anywhere apart from feeling like crap and having the police search where i was living for pills after my ex called them

So in answer to your question yes - but you need to find the best way for you to vent these feelings

and if it helps - people would go mad if they didn't know of a way 'out' suicide is an exit option... you would freak out if you were stood in a room with no door or windows, knowing that there is a way out can be comforting at least

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
  9. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

Suicidal gestures are dangerous and unnecessary since you can just go to the hospital and check yourself in for being suicidal.

10. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

no but i can understand why you would.
    it's not for attention; it's for love and support. one of the things we talk about particularly in terms of teenage suicidal gestures is that you have to take into account that many of us lack either the articulation or social skills to ask for love/help appropriately. alternately it can be very difficult to communicate a need to be cherished and cared for. this isn't saying someone's faulty (but then again aren't we all), but rather socially it's hard, particularly i think for guys, when we have this whole mean hard world out there. it's not 'fashionable' or 'normal' to be sensitive. i can also understand feeling so desperately unhappy and in such need that it's so painful! that's why i hate it when people say it's for attention. it is of a sort but not in a show offy, dramatic way.
    the only times i have deeply contemplated it, it was moer about killing myself because i am inherently an evil person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.