have you ever been alone in a crowded room

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by FBD, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

have you guys ever felt alone even where theres people around you? im guessing you have, so sorry for the stupid question

the real question, how do you deal with it?
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

All the time. For years it used to make me feel lonely but not anymore. I'm happier by myself and talking to people on my own terms and know the interactions made by others can be pure bullshit (and most likely is).
  3. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

Constantly but nobody gives a shit.
  4. Withdrawn

Withdrawn Well-Known Member

Yes, a lot of times. I just turn myself off...
  5. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I too feel like this. I tend to combat it by either removing myself entirely, or I find one person to talk mindless chatter with, or, strangely, I resort to making myself the centre of attention. This is weird, because I generally hate being centre of attention, but I seem to do it more and more!

6. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

I've been in rooms with a ton of people and still felt alone.
    I'm like this all the time. I always feel isolated from everybody else.
    What do I do about it you ask? I just ignore it since I'm the type of person who just doesn't care anymore how I feel.
  7. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

yes....i do. quite often, actually. it doesn't matter how many people there are, or how many of them are interacting with me. i feel alone.

i guess...i try to ignore it. i retreat into myself. i make up characters in my head.

i have more imaginary friends than real ones. it helps me, if only a little.
  8. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

I remember the 1st time I identified that feeling or as in this particular case the reality of it. My sister was in surgery after just having been hit by a pickup. There were more people than I could count there all supporting my parents as I sat alone on a chair quietly waiting. I now am a bit more sensitive to those under similar circumstances (not situation). When I see someone by themselves I know how hard that is so I reach out so that theres one less person whos left feeling this way in the world. It helps.
  9. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

i don't really know how to deal with it. sometimes, i would just try to "fit" in, but would just end up feeling stupid anyway. other times I just keep quiet and be myself.
  10. niceguy

niceguy Active Member

when i was depressed i was numb and felt like i was in a video game. i would look and people and think they have more 'life' in them. so i felt alone all the time actually. but especially in concerts, parties and the like, i would see people enjoying themselves and think i could never be like that. is that what you are talking about? hi btw, been a while.
  11. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I'm not usually in crowded rooms. Because I'll just end up not doing anything or going somewhere else since I don't really talk an awful lot. Or I just have nothing to really say.
  12. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I feel alone all the time.
    I used to try to fit in but im so socially awkward i always end up saying or doing something wrong. Now i find it easier on my own but i still feel lonely.
    I wouldnt say i really deal with it, i tend not to speak unless some one speaks to me first and the only social setting im ever in lately is work. Other than that i dont leave home.
  13. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i noticed when i drink too much i get very suicidal. since i dont drink by myself im normally in a crowded room when it happens. it helps some people t stop thinking about their issues but for me it places a gun right in my hand. luckily im always around people when it gets to me so i never did anything, i just cry and cry and cry for no reason
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.