Have you ever been happy and are you scared to die

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by wastedmylife, Nov 26, 2008.

Have you ever been happy are you scared to die

1. Yes I have been happy, no I am not scared to die

41 vote(s)
  2. Yes I have been happy, I am scared to die

15 vote(s)
  3. No I have never been happy and I am not scared to die

8 vote(s)
  4. No I have never been happy and I am scared to die

6 vote(s)
  5. other?

1 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I have never been happy and I am scared to die probably because I never had any fun in my life, if I didnt have this fear of death that has been with me my whole life I would probably welcome it more, I still dont understand how someone can kill themselves unless you are in intense physical pain and suicide was the only relief but I dont know

I am an idiot, if a mod could change one of the Yes's to I am scared to die that would be good
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2008
  2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I voted for the 4th one because even though I have had short instances of joy it has never lasted long enough to make me happy... and I am not scared of my own mortality. We all have to die eventually and trying to live forever is only ruining the world.

If you've had enough living then it should be your own choice to end it, to stop.
    But also if you want to continue living then you need to know that you can't live forever.
    People are living way too long. There are more births then deaths. The world is over populated and stressed.
  3. wastedmylife

I am jealous of you people who never had any fun and arent scared to die, maybe that is my problem at this point
  4. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I never said I never had any fun.
    What I was trying to say is that fun doesn't last long.
    There are a lot of fun memories I can remember, but now where I am so sad it hurts to think of what once was and compare it to now where there is nothing.

Nothing lasts forever.
    Not life, not love, not happiness, nothing.
  5. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

The first 2 options are the same.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I fixed the two options that said the same thing. Hope it is more clear now.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have been happy and am sort of scared of dying.
  8. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

#2 for me.
  9. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

have i ever been happy? maybe once or twice.

scared to die? nope not anymore.. i cant wait until this weekend..
  10. neutral

neutral Well-Known Member

My question would be to define 'happy' and 'scared'?

Have you ever been happy are you scared to die

I do not really understand the question.
  11. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

no.2 for me
  12. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I've been very happy in the past and I have no fear of death itself but I don't want to hurt anyone else and the fears I do have comes from that. Not wanting to hurt others has kept me alive but my fear is that I will do something and thereby cuase that hurt to others.
  13. Yeah, I have had some really happy times in the past, and when I look back on them, it's a little saddening because they are no longer here...
    I chose the first one too. I'm not scared of death itself, I'm actually more curious. I dream of something happening and me dying all the time...and I day dream about it happening too.

Part of me is not scared of taking my own life when I think about it...but there is a part that IS scared to hurt all the people who care for me. And I just cannot bring myself to do that.

But, what I do wish for sometimes is just something to happen for me to have an accidental death. And I know the people I love would still be hurt, but at least it would be less likely they would take it upon themselves and question everything they've done and wonder if it's their fault.
  14. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

im ready to go now, i think its time this miserable existence ended.
  15. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

Yes I have been happy, and occasionally nowadays I suppose I have had my moments too. I don't think I'm scared of dying as a concept in itself, the removal of life. I feel like I'm more afraid of the physical pain and grief of my friends and family.
  16. wastedmylife

wow so much has changed since i wrote this but not in a good way, at least i welcome death more
  17. Sleek220

Sleek220 Banned Member

Are you there? Your inbox is full and you logged in and out of chat?
  18. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

i have had a happy life, until last 10 years, which whilst not unhappy in that i wouldnt do it all again, but lets say very stressful and upsetting, and having witnessed death many times, i am not afraid to die, in fact i welcome and look forward to it
  19. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have experienced tremendous happiness and feelings of well being but those periods have gotten shorter with each decade. The past four years have been almost pure survival and endurance. I am not afraid of death just the probable desperate or painful experience while expiring.
  20. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I was happy when I was younger and use to get high,..I had no worries back then..I enjoyed smoking pot and fooling around with my GF... Now I am a basket case and am ready to die..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.