Have you ever felt someone came into your life for a reason?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Nicole_O91, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Nicole_O91

Nicole_O91 Active Member

I started a new job in December and immediately hit it off with my boss. We get on so well, have lots in common and she's one of the most supportive people I've ever met, she helped me threw a lot. The company went into administration and I lost my job at the beginning of the month. Last night, all of us who worked together went out for dinner. When we were all going home, my boss got us together, in a sort of huddle and said that she thought we'd all came together, into her life for a reason. Do you believe people come into your life for a reason? I strongly believe she came into my life for a reason, she's the type of person I aspire to be like.
    Sorry if this seems like the wrong board, I thought it was appropriate because it gave me a little hope last night.
  2. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

to be honest my head says no but my heart says yes.
    It seems to have happened to me a lot, ive always been a weird person, i normally pop into peoples lives in a big whirlwind but with my itchy feet i never stay around long and leave as quickly as i arrived. this being normal for me im used to being happily alone, untill i couple of people turned up in my life, unusual in itself they seem to have hung onto me, werever i moved theyd always manage to find me and keep in touch, no matter how many times i changed my phone number they always managed to meet someone who happened to know it. could all be in the mind, but it could equally be true, especially as those couple of people have been one hell of a support when i actually needed it.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I thought so once but then as usual i was wrong
  4. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Yes I certainly think some people come into our lives for a reason and vice versa. It's a wonderful experience.
  5. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, absolutely! They come into our lives, touch us, guide us, fulfill us, and then sometimes they move on. We do the same for them.
  6. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

For a reason? Not really. I think things happen just because they do, and often finding someone we instantly "click" with is a matter of luck rather than a matter of fate. My lack of close, intimate relationships, it seems, comes from being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

This section isn't supposed the right room for depressing thoughts, though. Congrats on meeting your boss! :)