Have you ever felt suicidal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lonely101, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonely101

Lonely101 Well-Known Member

but you didnt have anyone to talk to about it?

and you dont know how to cope with feeling that way?

Is there any ways to help cope?

Instead of thinking about how you'd do it, and whether it would work completely or fail?

Just going to be on here for a little while, so if you could let me know...

like I dont have any friends anymore, because I've been trying to focus on studies/career --- but that's going really badly, due to not feeling well all the time, cos of stress and stuff...finding it hard to study....i went through a little bit of trauma...but that's nearly gone now...but it affected my work badly...and now im finding it difficult catching up as I'm extremely tired and stressful situations at home was interferring...
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
  2. lawstudentindebt

lawstudentindebt Active Member

I think many people on this site are here precisely because they are in exactly that situation. Talking about your issues here is likely to help, as is writing about them in private. You could also seek professional counseling of course--many schools provide these free of charge, though often the quality of service leaves much to be desired. Increases in athletic and social activity is likely to help by providing endorphin release--which may lessen the severity of your feelings, but may not address the underlying cause. To address the underlying cause of your frustration may take serious evaluation and reflection of precisely how you got into a rut and what factors are in and out of your control--nobody can really help you with that unless they have a pretty detailed picture of your circumstances. However, we're here to listen to your concerns non-judgmentally, and under the anonymity of the internet.
  3. Lonely101

I think I've come through the worst time, but I feel like I need to learn how to adjust now and gain a stronger, stable foundation this time

can you help me with that?
  4. lsl1079

lsl1079 New Member

All I can say is yeah, I have felt that way. That's why I'm here now. I don't know how to help you, but am happy to listen.
  5. Lonely101

like ive been progresssing and feeling more like im regaining myself back

like ive got college assignments to get in, and i dont want to let my lecturer down by having them late, and ruin his christmas holidays having to review the work so late - he's given me extra chances to get them in with extensions, given me that re support. I'm worried about it because I dont want to stress him out, because Ive felt really ill from stress and wouldnt like to do that to anyone because people have their own stresses and i dont want to pile on more stresses...he's been very kind and really very patient and im just a little bit of a mess, trying to keep reaching that mark/passing thru those goal posts - i keep dropping...

I feel remorseful, because I cant meet the deadlines which have been set/re-set after he's helped me so much...but i am progressing, cos really when i think back i was really completely brokendown when i started...but the first breakthrough of progress toward regaining mental integrity was in April, then late July/early Aug and from then i started to progress slowly but surely (though iv been in incredibly intense situations)

The stress fluctuates at home its unpredictable, and its been pretty bad over past two weeks, i started sleeping again, feeling lethargic, so bad that i cant stand up out of bed without feeling light-headed, dizzy, and disorientated.

I wish i could fix everything in my life in one go, but I know that its going to take about another year to fix ecerything and stablize everything, which scares me that I've one more hard year ahead (daily), to get myself sorted out after everything because eveything just fell apart...and im trying to repair, start making some friends again, trying to fix my career re: my university course, getting a job (in midst of recession) and trying to start living independntly etc. - trying to establish some kind of order

and i know ive still about another year to go, infront of me, before things are ok again ... and its also upsetting my flow of college work ...

but everyday, ive been progressing, but last 2 weeks the pressures been on and i havent coped very well, been feeling ill
  6. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

College pressures are most intense at the end of the fall semester. I think the addition of the holidays makes it the hardest.

Depression hit me hard my 3rd semester and I failed two classes. I made them up over the next two semesters.

I know I was hurting and I know I can become suicidal so quickly so I let those two courses go. I told the professors I'm not going to finish the semester, I'll take the F, and retake the courses later.

When something has got to give, it can't be me. I'm more important than things.

Please keep posting, it will help.

7. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Yes to all your questions. I have no friends and I can't 'talk' to my family about those things, so I have to suffer with my suicidal ideation on my own. I've been stressed with studies too, but take some time out, plan what needs to be done, work hard and catch up. If you are having personal troubles ask your teacher if you can have some extra time to work on things. As for not having anyone to talk to, this forum is great for that.
  8. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Yes I have many times.

It's hard to talk to people close to you, because they're hurt, but also because they don't know how you feel, even if they don't treat you bad for it.

Cope: talking about the problems, let them ot, let them go. Here is a good place for it. Lots of people live the same thing as you. You're not judge on your disease(s), but who you are. You're forgiven for not doing good.

Pro help is essential to me, therapy (therapies). Meds definitely help, but to me, except in some cases of severe diseases shouldn't last life long.

I think that society is too much on "I don't see it". People with mental health problems are treated like "monsters" in a way. It's like mutants from X-Men. Like everyone different, so we live in community, like black people, like immigrants, like people with glasses a century before.... etc. The solution to me is to educate people. It's the gretest problem, ignorance, and acceptance of the other.
  9. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

All the time. I've talked to someone about feeling suicidal once. On here. I don't feel comfortable talking about my emotions in general, but especially that.
  10. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

I often have got down/depressed when I don't do homework or I wait to the last moment to study for an exam. If you want to feel good, don't do that.

Of course, once the exams are done and you get a real break, it's like a great weight is lifted.
  11. Lonely101

problem is, there's no food in the house, and my mom doesnt buy it these days, instead she makes me ask her everyday and antagonizes me about asking her as if its my fault, and takes this as her opportunity daily to abuse me about everything on the planet. And im finding it impossible to study with thiss
  12. brueyh1976

brueyh1976 Well-Known Member

I was mentally bullied when I was at school. This has left me suffering with depression and feeling suicidal. I haven't been able or even wanted to seek help for my problems and can't talk to the family about it either. Finding this place has really helped. I do take a great deal of comfort from knowing that I am not alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.