Have you ever gone postal at work?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by FarBeyondGone, May 2, 2008.

?

have you ever gone postal in the workplace?

Poll closed Jun 1, 2008.
  1. yes

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. no

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. hey!!! I work for the post office

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarBeyondGone

FarBeyondGone Active Member

just curious if anyone has gone postal :eek:hmy:

2. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i voted no - i go in totally the other direction.

when im feeling bad, im just quiet and dont speak to any of my co-workers.

they probably think im weird or whatever but it doesnt bother me.

i dont really like where i work or who i work with (although with all due respect to them, they are all nice people, im just not that sort of people person).

when i hear stories of people going crazy at work (e.g. shooting up the place etc) i cant quite understand why they would be that way.

i couldnt get enough 'energy' built up to be that angry at where i worked.
    although i guess if they were getting bullied etc then their actions could be somewhat justified i guess.

3. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

never had a job... lol, that is a "no" for me

Caroline

4. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

when i was goin through some relationship problems i was in a right state, and it got so bad my body suffered so mcuh that i fainted in work.

5. Emptysoul

Emptysoul Well-Known Member

after i got raped, i had a breakdown then i went to work and had another breakdown

6. Canti

Canti Guest

I tend to get walked all over at work. Most of the time i withdrawl and talk to noone, work then piss off home. One time i was close to exploding because i couldnt keep it in but i managed to.

This other time, its only happened once, i totally freaked out. I hadnt had a day off in two weeks and i was pulling 60hour weeks. On my day off some stupid bitch called me in saying im on the rota, i went to work, wasnt on the rota a totaly freaked. I ended up telling everyone to fuck off (thats big for me, i rarely swear AT people) and im pretty sure i pushed this other fucking bitch out of my way.

DAMN it still gets me mad thinking about it.

7. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

No.

Have left a few jobs by simply not coming back.....

8. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Yes....i've had three disciplinary hearings in my current job due to going off on one...always blagged it but i think it's more because they like me..i've also left quite a few jobs after having them.

9. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Not really. I'm pretty good at controlling myself. I get mad just like everyone else but I don't explode and it blows over pretty quickly. Most people hate their jobs and most of the people I've worked with hated working there as much as I did. We were all equally miserable. It's kind of hard to get that mad at people who are in the same boat with you.

10. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Yup,
    Totally flipped at another female , just behind a service area, let her have it with both barrels over about 20 mins. There had been some history behind us, at one point had made some connection and were getting along. Then this one day with no warning, I was in a great mood, it was at one of our busiest times of the year...kabloom. It ended up with our union getting involved, we were both reprimanded. I specifically apologized for how I handled the matter, not for anything I said. The last two years she was there was uncomfortable but we arranged the scheduling so we didn't have to work the same area at the same time. Now I'm gone from that place and the only regret I have is how I did it, should have been done personally, not in public.
    kD

11. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

no i tend to do it in public lately. i found myself screaming at 2 separate men in the last 2 weeks.

i don't have a job.

12. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

no...i 'act' at work

13. Cas

Cas Well-Known Member

Yes. And it felt really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.