Have you ever had a tooth abscess?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Tobes, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Tooth Abscess on Wiki

I've got one right now, and it hurts like hell. It started to develop yesterday, and overnight my cheek has swollen to the degree it looks like I am puffing out the left side of my mouth, only the swelling is bigger and covers more of my face. I can see my cheek when I look down.

I had one 2 years ago also, also in April, and it went away after a few days with the help of antibiotics. Still, they are very unpleasant to have, and can lead to worse conditions.

The pain is similar to a toothache, but worse, and all over the lower left side of my face. I don't want to see anybody, but I will have to walk through town to the doctor's office tomorrow, or dentist's, to get it checked out. Being seen in public with a swollen face, even if by strangers, won't be fun.

I'm tired and feel like shit, and wish that it would go away already. I'll have to put up with this for a few more days, and will probably miss a days work because of it. I'm sick to death of mouth problems, I've had them for years.

Sorry for all the self-pity, I need to express what's going on for me at the moment.

So have you had one? How long did it last? Can I do anything to make it better?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2010
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

yes twice now and it hurts worse then hell i hope you get in to see dentist get on antibiotics real soon okay so it heals faster and get some good pain killers ouch poor u i know how painful it is. meds meds meds
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I had one before I went to college-- I don't go to the dentist because we don't have dental coverage and it's just way too much money for me; so I didn't do anything about it for about a month...
    I ended up telling my grandma over the phone- that it hurt like hell and she paid for me to have a checkup.
    I was on antibiotics for a grand total of a week and the pain just went away! XD

Have not been to the dentist since! lol
    Get some drugs in ya, Tobes! You'll be better in no time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.