have you ever had an equal love relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by The Scream, May 29, 2009.

1. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

i haven't :sad:

it are either relationships like in my "omg!" thread... or i love someone so badly that i just fuck it all up and have no relationship at all... :cry:

and i don't want to let go of this relationship, i wanna give him a chance till i find something provably wrong with him... untill then i wanna keep him, 'cause if i give this one up too, im just gonna feel so fucked up that i keep on giving up on relationships, that i'll probably stop dating for a few months and hate myself for everything... idk, all my friends have relationships lasting months, if not years...

i haven't even had one...

and i don't know it anymore....

do they even exist? relationships where both people love each other just as much?

if so, have you ever had one?

and how do you start such a relationship?

'cause everytime i try to start one, i either get laid the same day i meet that person and it just turns into a sex relationship, or i don't even touch them, let alone touch... i can't even tell them how i feel about them :sad:

i just can't seem to find a way in between... 'cause i think that's the one right? the one way to start a love relationship...

'cause somehow, i actually do want to dump him... but i can't... 'cause then i might have dumped the love of my life... i mean you never know right...

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

This is a very difficult question to answer: They do exist, I've seen them. A few friends and my sister's 3rd marriage. (you'll notice it was the third try)
    But I'm about 50 and have had several "serious" reslationships. All ended up with one or the other as the one in control of the relationship. I mean, there was definitely love involved, but it seemed slightly tilted in one direction or the other.

Needless to say, they didn't work out. Then there are marriages of convenience: financial, a child involved, etc...where there is love but something else holding the relationship together. Not exactly perfect, but I have seen these work.

I think you're young enough to eventually have a mutually loving relationship. They do exist! I'm only speaking from my own experience; hopefully others will chime in here.

3. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

I believe my girlfriend and I are in one, going out for 2 years 6 months. I believe we love each other, and we love each other more as time goes on. She has stood by me during my issues, and continues to love and support me. That is what I believe.

4. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

Yep they exsist, i had one.

Me and my boyfriend met while i was still in school, we started off as friends, let the romance begin on its own. We stayed together until just before i was 21 when we got engaged. Unfortunately he passed away last year, But that doesnt mean we had an equal love relationship.

We always knew when the other one needed space,
    We didnt worry about whether or not we had friends of the opposite gender,
    We always allowed each other to speak our mind and then try to give constructive criticism.
    As our friend said at our engagement, we were two halves to a whole.

We didnt spend 24/7 together because we thought we should, we wanted to. We were best friends, soul mates, lovers, everything that ever can be defined under the word Relationship.

You cant really "start" a relationship like this, it either works or it doesnt. People always go back to exes thinking "maybe" theyve changed etc, no they havent, exes are exes are for a reason. Same as finding "the one" You just need to let your relationship go the way its destined too, speak your mind in a positive way and see where it takes you. Look at now, not years in advance.

5. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Just be glad you arenhaving relationships at all. Eventually one will come around where it will be equal love.

6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

nope...