Have you ever lost someone?

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Confusticated, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Whether it be through a death or just losing contact? Maybe they moved away, whatever the reason, have you lost someone?
    What would you say to them right now, if you could? What is it that you wish you could tell them? Who knows, maybe they're watching over you as you write it up.

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

An entire half of my family.

What is there to even say?

3. corang

corang Well-Known Member

If I could see my grandfather again Id probably just talk with him I always enjoyed talking with him. My great grandfather Id talk to so I could actually know him since he died when I was pretty young. My friend who I lost contact with Id say how sorry I was for fucking his life up so much. I think thats everyone Id talk to friends I had before dont even deserve to hear from me again.

4. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Id tell my best friend who past away that she influenced my life and made me the person i am today (the good part haha). And that i love her for all the help and support she gave me when I needed her. x

Id tell my Grandda that i love the coat he got me that i wouldnt wear when i was a child haha and that he is an amzing man!

Id tell my friend that he is a nutter!!! :)

Id tell my Uncle that I loved all our conversations.

5. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

My cousin, to suicide.... I would ask if we could talk, because I feel the same. I know she went through alot, neglect, she was forcefully detached from our family. Argh, I wish I could have done something.

6. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Oh God, too many!

Talli - I'm sorry, I love you.
    Coco - I'm ever sorrier, I love you too.
    Charlie - I didn't realise, forgive me.
    Peanut - I really miss you.

H - You're one of the most horrible people I've ever had to meet. I'm so glad you had me banned from that guild, it really helped me refocus and remember what a cold-hearted little cow you are!
    M - I don't fit into your world. I'm so sorry.
    S - I had my reasons..

7. morgan

morgan Well-Known Member

Sean,
    I miss you. I can't think without you. I lost my moral compass the day I lost my friend. I'm not the same person since you died. How could you be so smart and yet so stupid?
    I need you, we all need you. We need you to guide us and to help us remember that there are many roads in the same directions, that love should never be used in moderation, that it's never too hard to be nice. But you have so much unfinished business. You need to spread more music. You need to open more eyes. You need to beat Nick into space. You're an astronaut in the loosest sense of the word, and I love you.
    Morgan

8. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

RIP:
    Daniel E. Burr
    Angela Marie Halurude
    Justin Mears
    Triggs

9. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Dear A, I just want to know that you are OK, that's all, please :(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
  10. fweeps

fweeps Staff Alumni

dear jeannie, the holidays are harder to deal with now. Christmas will make it 13 months since you killed yourself and I miss you so much. Thank you for being my best friend. I love you forever and always.

11. giantmonster

giantmonster New Member

Dear dad I just wanted to say that I love you so much and i miss you a lot... I would have not gone through so much of pain and trouble if you were with me..

12. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

There was a kid named Brooks whom I knew growing up. We were never very close friends, but we got along okay, and he was one of the first kids my age that I interacted with. He shot himself at the age of 15. It hit me surprisingly hard, and I had to stay home for a few days.

My grandfather died 11 years ago last week. He was a WW2 vet and an all-around amazing guy. He suffered a lot toward the end, though, and I'm not sure he could remember his own family much of the time. I just wish I could have said goodbye.

13. DS

DS Account Closed

i must know all the wrong people...although they were the best of souls, anyone could ever ask to have as part of their lives.
    either i know all the wrong people or or 'tis fate in my face, strongly urging and hinting i am to follow--i suspect this be the case as having them in my life was enriching....so the enticement to follow, provided by fate or the universe or what have you...i'm sure they'd enjoy the company and perhaps be quite proud of me.

i've lost hope one time in my life...no matter the horrid circumstances i lost it only once--and i do understand why i've always been hopeful and i do understand why the one time i lost it. always managed to help others find it as well, came easy for me...easy enough and good enough at it, that it allowed me to offer hope as a living. of thousands of ppl...only one lost hope on my watch, and it was momentary, a mater of hours, but was like being slapped across the face and sucker punched.

at least one a year as of the laast several, not counting normal deaths, and a few prior to that. olnyly those who chose

K.
    th.
    billy
    mandy
    nate
    frank-o
    howard V R.
    gramps
    debbie
    chris
    robbie
    C.B.
    Di.
    Sus.
    TFR
    nh, & gf
    and to the rest of you...my heart is breaking not forgettin gyou , am thinkin gof you but...must stop listing this as so much pain inovled. maybe if time allows, i'll get back and finish up before i finish up...so sorry. doesn't mean i don't care about you just means i'm wiped. and if i don't get back to you do know you are in my heart what is left of it
    i suppose i can't list methods eh, fine i'll write em on paper
    .they all woeredk uqickly ..no one hneeded a hospitla

so it is fate saying here ya go, they've paved the way, here is the way, they've offered you hte out and the solutions.

and iwon't miss u this year...i'll be there with and for you instdead'.

sorry to you i've not yet mentioned...i am thinkiing of you however just can't keep typing name and being forced to look at your names...what hte fuck you guys...just freaking abandon me? fine. fine. fine. i don't care. is this what you wanted...me to follow? fine. i give.

and 2 all u yet lving...sorry...no hope filled words left for you. ...don't even bother. i gave it a shot i tried even during my lowest moments i mustered a bit of something to be encrouaging,, but now feeling a bit stabbed in the heart and can't handle it...

14. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

My grandpa's mum, my great grandma, died a few years ago, my step dad's dad, my step grandpa, died a while ago, and my grandma's brother's son, my second cousin, died maybe a few months ago. None of them affected me at all really except my step grandpa and even then I only felt kind of bad for all the upset family members. If I could still say anything to them I'd only say sorry for not being upset about their deaths and that I don't understand why I wasn't.

15. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

About a quarter of my highschool graduating class have passed away since we graduated only 3 years ago.
    We lived in a small town and everyone knew everyone...
    Although we didn't think so back then- we were all friends.

Most of them died in accidents. (falling from a roof- getting struck by lightning- car collision- etc.)

Guys; we're so young... so why does life seem to hate us so much?
    Hopefully we can be better friends in our next lives.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
  16. burnseasonxD

burnseasonxD Member

I would say to most of them: "I love you and I'm so sorry."
    To my mum I would say: "I'm sorry how I turned out to be. I'm sorry it was all my fault and if I could re-do things, I would. I hate you for breaking your promise, but I love you so much. I miss you and I'm sorry I'm not good enough or brave enough to visit your grave."

All prepared for when the time comes :)

17. loribaby

loribaby Member

Dear Jeffrey,

my husband,my soulmate,my friend. I would do absolutely anything to have you back for just one moment. One moment would be my heaven for eternity. One moment would be enough to fill the void that buries itself so deep inside my shallow shell. one moment would be enough to replace all these tears with smiles of bliss and hope. One moment to tell you how sorry i am. One moment to tell u how i wish i would have been diffrent,better, not so sick for u. One moment to feel your breath on my neck again or the heavenly touch of your kiss. One moment for me to feel whole and not this withered broken girl i have become since your passing. I love you sweetheart. I miss you. I will see you again.

18. coffee

coffee Well-Known Member

myself........

19. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i'm not exagerating in the least bit when i say there have been over 50 people in my 39 yrs of life who have passed away. i can't even begin to list them all. they all touched me dearly to one compacity or another. i've tried to carry on the good they had to share with me. i miss them all.

starting over has been a never ending ordeal for me, but i will say this. even though my life has been cursed with death through and through i will continue to hope and pray that i will never lose another friend or family member. i know this isn't realistic, because death is a part of life. i know this all too well. i love all the people i have in my life now. i hope and pray they will all be longlasting. i hope and pray i lose non of you to suicide that's probably the most unbearable, and you all are worth so much more than you give yourselves credit for. please don't leave me? please?

20. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

to my grandpa:

i love you grandpa and I forgive you!

To my great grandma:

I forgive you too!

To Dustin:

I love you, and I'm sorry for not having been there more. I should have called more, I know. I should have insisted. I hope you are happy where you are with your grandma.