Have you ever realized

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by texaskitty, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

that you had not had a bath in days?

I mean how do I forget such a simple thing.

I suppose if I got out more I would remember.

Sucks not having a schedule, like having a job, to keep me grounded.

2. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Yeah. I've been there a few times. I'm not sure how I forget such simple things, either. Sometimes, writing down reminders to do those kinds of things helps me. I'll leave them in places where I know I'll see them but no one else will. I'm not sure if it would help you, but it's a thought.

3. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

It happens to me sometimes, when I'm in my darkest places. I'll realize all that once that my mouth tastes like crap because I haven't brushed my teeth in a day or two, and that my hair is greasy because I haven't bathed. That's usually when I start to become more active again, when it hits me that I'm not even taking care of myself.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I find it very hard to take good care of myself when I am not feeling like my best friend

5. Sais

Sais Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read somewhere that order, discipline are very important in getting better.
    Because depressed people tend to love the inexactitudes and ambiguity, rejection of reality/reason... in a way.

6. JustFirefly

JustFirefly Well-Known Member

Heh... Thats kinda where im at. I barely take care of myself. And it sucks because i dont realize it till... 8-9 days and im like Huh... I need to shave... CRAP i havnt taken care of myself... *Which is not like me* I take 2 showers a day because im paranoid.. Not showering is a HUGE WTF IS GOING ON Thing...

Idk.. I havnt done anything that i should in a long tiem..

:3 I hope you feel better really..

7. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

yeah, i go through phases of this too, i realise after 3 or 4 days i havent had a shower cos my hair is greasy or i get bad headaches. i also go through phases of forgetting to eat, how the hell can you forget to eat when your cooking for 4 kids and hubby ?? wtf.

8. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

It took this thread to remind me to shower. I could have let it go for days, like I used to when I wasn't medicated. I remember that I had let it go for three months when I was working at a defense company.

I am worried that if I move, I will just stop taking my meds and stop everything else. That's what I am worried of.

9. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I know how that feels Angie. It cane be 4-5 days before I have a shower when I have no focus or purpose. It may be hypocritical for me to say this but have you tried making your own schedule? Like set yourself approximate times to do things ie have a bath at 9am, read a book at 10am, go for a walk at 11am. I dont know if that makes any sense or something you could try so you feel you have some sort of schedule to keep. Xxxx

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm always aware of it, but when I'm depressed I just don't give enough of a shit to bathe unless I have to.

11. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

I'm the same way with eating much of the time, I cook 3 meals a day for my family but often realize after a couple of days that I'm feeling weak and have a headache from not eating. Idk how I do it, I guess I just use the time when the kids are sitting down eating to do housework sometimes, and others I just feel too exhausted to worry with eating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.