Have you ever stayed up just because you felt like it?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by skyisburning, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

I could tell when I first laid down about 3 hours ago that I wasn't going to go to bed tonight, and here I am...awake!
    It's quite frustrating... :(
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

my sympathies skyisburning....it's really annoying isn't it?
  3. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

I have my time periods where I just don't want to fall asleep, I want to be awake. I make myself stay up on weekend nights most times because its quiet and peaceful around here then. I can gather my thoughts in peace and listen to music easier. Everybody in this house annoys the crap out of me in the daytime! :laugh:
    Although I have stayed awake before without no reason, just feeling itself, that annoyed me. Especially on school nights.
  4. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

Yes ): I have to wake up in 4 hours and i'm so tired, but I just don't want to sleep.
  5. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

Yeahhh I stay up a lot of the time... Plus I can exercise while awake :) I neeever sleep, it feels like lol
  6. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

not just me?

it feels so stupid when i decide not to or try not to sleep when i know how bad it feels the day after. i almost cant help it, and just have to stay awake. sure its quieter and easier to think in the early hours but why do i feel the need??

sometimes i genuinely cant sleep but other times its deliberate. i have been referred by doctors to councillors to work out why i'm not sleeping but the answer is obvious to me- i just don't know what to do about it.

does this sound familiar to anyone else or is it just me??
  7. Waterfall55

Waterfall55 Well-Known Member

Sounds just like me Monoka. I can stay up just doing nothing even though I know I'll pay the price the next day. Just want to keep thinking - don't want to shut my brain off so I don't even try (to go to sleep).
  8. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

all the time no use going to bed when you know your not going to sleep anyways Sometimes it is best to see if doctor can give something to help sleep if you get sleep deprived it is a disaster waiting to happen then
  10. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I can sleep just fine i just don't want to, i stay up to like 5:00 and then i am like sod it and go to bed. I'm not sure why that is i thought it was because i don't want to wake up, not sure though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.