have you ever thought about killing someone else?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by killmesomeone, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When some people hurt me I sometimes for days would just sit there and picture myself killing that person. For example when I got fired from my job I just sat there for days not moving and much and I would picture myself killing that person not that I would actually do it, but I have thought of it.
  2. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

I'm glad you wouldn't act upon that, but I think many of us have been so upset that we thought about doing something drastic. If you ever feel the need to act upon those feelings you may want to talk with someone. I just don't want you to do something you'll later regret.

Truthfully, there are times when I read a story in the newspaper and I want to kill someone (child molestors, rapists, people that take advantage of the elderly or handicapped). And, yes, I mean literally kill them.

You just have to bring yourself down and realize that it's not gonna be the answer.
    Last edited: May 28, 2007
  3. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

yah. I would never do it tho.
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I used to do that a lot when I was in my teen (think about it that is...not do it:laugh:) and I had it again a few years back with the boss from hell.
    I've noticed I only have had those thoughts when I have felt powerless, so maybe its the minds way of dealing with feeling completely helpless.
  5. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

That makes a lot of sense, for me personally also.
  6. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

When I was a teen, I imagined beating-up guys who picked on me. As far as killing someone, that's not my nature. While I think i have the right to end my own life, I don't have the right to take someone else's.
  7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I would only do it if I was sure I could escape the penalties. For instance, if I knew I had cancer and had a week to live, I think I would buy a gun and blow my enemy's brains out.
  8. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

People are naturally born innocent from these thoughts while environments/others situation / child abuse/abuse /injustice are some of the things that can mould us to become who we are now. Once my old therapist said people can get the best out of us but others can get get the beast out of us.

Malcolm X was driven to this point. He witnessed the brutality of the killings of his parents;torched the home while his parents was there.How can you live a normal life after that.
    The living environment that we are in affects our mental stability no matter how strong you are; it will always boils down to fight or flight. Nothing in between.

I do not people about choices when you are in a very abusive situation ;there is no choice. The mind in itself can be destroyed to the point of irrationality. How can a distorted mind can rationalize a good choice & a poor choice? Never mind can tell what is the difference between the two.
  9. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I've thought about it. Not very often but I have. For instance I've thought about killing so that I'm given the death sentence. A few times I've thought about it out of anger or revenge towards a person.
  10. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

when i was just six yrs old i made detailed very detailed plans on killing the man who raped me when i was five. i was aware though that i wasn't actually big enough to carry this out so i knew i would have to wait. well, while waiting he died from ms. so opportunity passed me by.

again as a teenager i held a knife over my mother as she slept. i was at witts end with her abuse, but i didn't do it.

i have only one other time felt like doing someone in, but that time i got myself into the hospital for help. they basically laughed at me thinking i could never pull something like that off but they truely have no idea how well i think things through. in either i didn't do anything then either.

i have only faced it a few times and all with good reason for doing it. i am a sensitive soul so conflict does arise when these thoughts come too. but when i have gone so far insensitivity has usually gone out the door.

just know that you are not alone. just please do not follow through with anything and if you feel like you will please get yourself in for help. it's tough to get through alone.

please take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.