have you ever thought about walking out the door

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by snd2k, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snd2k

snd2k Member

and disappearing, you see it on news and stuff how people who just get up and go and never return and start a new life away from their last one. Im seriously considering doing this right now, I see it as 2nd option to killing myself. I could start again, clean slate.

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Sure.

The problem is, where i go... there i am.

Can't escape what is in my head.

3. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

i frequently used to just disappear and make a new life somewhere else but as domo says, you cant get away from your own head

4. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

i have often thought about it but who'd look after my cat
    and where can you go with no money?no hope?
    and again as domo says cant leave your head!

5. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I often think of this, and very nearly did it a couple of years ago, but am not capable of dealing with change, so it would probably destroy me anyway. I'm at uni now, so kind of stuck where I am for a while.

When things got too much, I used to often disappear to a friend's house for days at a time without telling people where I'd gone. Unfortunately as he has a girlfriend now, this isn't really an option for me anymore, so now I just have to 'face the music', as it were.

Mim

6. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

seconded...stuck within the uni framework, but i got out with some desperate measures, lets see how this goes :)

7. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

I tried that and it doesn't work.

8. skyisburning

skyisburning Well-Known Member

Amen...and I feel like even if I did this, I'd kill myself over the regret and guilt of leaving friends/family hanging, so it would just make my problems worse instead of solving them.

9. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I built the door. And the walls. I'll knock them down if I choose to.
    But then I'd be cold...and that would suck.

10. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You're going nowhere m'dam! If there's a place i'll like to start anew is australia! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.