have you ever wanted to be a drunk?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by jasonkramer, Jan 20, 2011.

?

have you ever wanted to be a drunk?

Poll closed Feb 14, 2011.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. Other.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

i am having another piss poor mood today. i feel like doing any thin i can to make other peoples lives much worse. very hostile and very pissed. i also wish i was a dunk so i could and wash my mood away in a bottle. but alas i rarely drink and when i do its never enough to get me drunk.

i really should have went to culinary school. i would have been done with it about 6 months ago at most and i would have a job as well as being in a position to cut all ties with my friends, and family. 2 more years of college though.

2. Youth

Youth Active Member

I always wish that I had some kind of terribly debilitating addiction. I mean, I do clean my nails while doing almost almost everything, (but, it's probably just a nervous reaction or something), and I also go on internet news binges, but these addictions are not necessarily like an addiction to drugs or alcohol. Sometimes, I wish I could just snort snort, puff puff, and drink all of my melancholy into some swirling world of hallucinations and whatnot.

But for some reason, just like you, I just can't! Strange huh? It's just not in our books I guess. I drink sometimes but I know I couldn't make it my life.

3. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Answered yes mainly guess I was a drunk for so long, from the time I was 15 up until I was 42, now been sober for a little over 2 years. Wasn't something that I strove to be, just happened, became addicted real fast plus my tolerance level is much higher than a normal person. To be honest, do miss it at times and would love to have that feeling again but the urge has never been strong enough...yet.:eek:hmy: I wouldn't tell others what to do or not to do but I really wouldn't recommend becoming a drunk, can't see anything good coming out of it.:mhmm:

4. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

I tried it, but I hate the taste of beer. Plain and simple.

5. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

No. I grew up with an alcoholic and I would never want to be that way.

6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

No, I grew up with my mum drinking alot.
    Its not something i want. And addictions rule your life. I dont want that. If i could chnge it i would. So no i wouldnt WANT to have an addiction

7. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Having seen alcoholism in action, seen people pass out, shit, piss themselves, lie to and fuck over people they love just so they can get drunk, become homeless, lose all self respect and respect from society, have to struggle through each day or hour or minute just to stay away from alcohol, having truly seen the ugliness that is alcoholism, I'm going to say no. If you knew what it really entailed you would never want that in a million years.

8. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

i think you've missed the point. the idea is to have something to erase your problems for a short time. regardless of it not being the least bit helpful.

9. aki

aki Well-Known Member

No I didn't. The title of the thread is "have you ever wanted to be a drunk?". Sorry but that's what being a drunk is. And it's not going to erase your problems, all you'll be doing is alternating between feeling drunk and out of it and feeling like absolute shit. You can live in a fantasy land if you want but don't tell me that I've missed the point when I've seen this happening to people over and over again. It's ok to use alcohol to have fun occasionally but if you're going to use it to 'erase your problems' then prepare to fuck your life over. If anyone's missing the point, it isn't me.

10. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Yep, this is the way it gets.
    Specially the fucking others over.
    only focusing on the drink.

11. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

Same here. I became a drug addict instead.

12. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Nope, but I have to tell that alcohol is like the BEST medicine for someone who is going through a depression, NO sideeffects like they're saying and I absolutely LOVES IT!!!(You made me quite thirsty.. :O;) Do not call me an alcoholic cause im not , it's for instead of having sex I see it(I am broken inside Am sorry) is that a crime? You see im not an outsider YET(and I wil NOT!!) lets get out of my way leave me alone I loves it and no cop can take whats mine...casue Im sick(psychic)???! HeLLO?! FUK Ys !!!

13. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

In a similiar sentiment I have often wished I were severely intellectually deficient. I imagine an adult who has no doubt in the existence of God, gets joy in playing with toys/watching children's programs and has a simple and unjaded outlook lives in a beautiful world.

14. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Lived with a father who was an alcoholic.... always been wary of falling in that area as I know the urge is genetic and strong...
    Have seen the stark facts... like the incontinence, the passed out heap where ever he landed, the loss of all.... relationship, work, family, self respect... EVERYTHING... the seizures from withdrawal the times he tried to stop as physical addiction was so severe...

The harsh reality as he had to face the issues that were still there only worse... when he became sober... in short not a good solution.
    I have longed for escape... but being a drunk.... NO!!!!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    and the wisdom to know the difference...

15. Alcohol is not something to turn to. My mom is an alcoholic. Im an 18 year old male and i have been abused and hit by mom for years. Shes currently in jail, but shes a wonderful person and i love her when shes sober, but alcoholism is never something id wish on anyone; it ruins yourself, your family, and your friends.

16. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Did I said I was an alcoholic, that pisses me off when I cant get anyone more near but my whiskeybottle, is that my love? No, but it makes the pain go away, I dont(listen!) drink till I pass, just for the pain because my meds just have no effects it seems, then no one wants to ever talk to me, Schizophrenia is a death-sin diagnosis I have lost almost everything, including my money when I have to pay those fucking bills. Maybe I am just done with this...

17. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

I don't know. I've never liked the taste of alcohol personally.

18. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I grew up with my alcoholic father, yet i would want to be a drunk myself these days but i hate taste of alcohol, i can only drink wine and beer. Well I think i would take anything to get me high just not to see the real world around me.

19. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I am working with alcoholics and people with alcohol problems at the moment. And you know what, sitting around all day watching a 52inch plasma while getting pissed does seem rather appealing. The idea of not caring seems so appealing.

20. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

After going on a drinking binge.... i no longer want to be a drunk. It's fucking expensive... but then again i have somewhat expensive taste as i only drink hard liquor. Yes it's fun while it lasts... but it's not a lifestyle i could afford.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.