Have you ever wondered how people would react if they found out you took you Suicided

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ace, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I was wondering about this if anyone has ever sat there and wondered about people's reaction's if you took your own life,and them finding out about the news.I've done it countless times,actually re-enacted it in my head people finding out.If it has really worried me that I don't know really.

2. Zodi

Zodi Anitiquities Friend

Re: Have you ever wondered how people would react if they found out you took you Suic

Yeah, I do. I have been told he would be devastated. Heh..no, it would be a day long thing, if that long.

From my experience, people don't give a shit.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Re: Have you ever wondered how people would react if they found out you took you Suic

I guess I have never really wondered what reactions would be like because I know what they were like with some of my friends and 2 cousins.It is not something that most people grieve for a day and then go on. It lasts a lifetime. At least in my experience. I still remember seeing my cousinand that was 40 years ago. I was only 3 at the time.Over the years their have been many more. I have not forgotten a single one of them. I think it is harder on those left behind than we can even imagine.

4. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I think about it alot. How will the people I know find out that I've gone. Will it be the police, or someonw else who tells them. :sad: Will they be shocked, or saddened, or what.

5. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I've constantly re-enacted in my mind my parent's finding out,family,friend's and thinking about their possible reaction's.Who know's soon it may be a reality,it's like I want them to accept my decision and also everytime I think about it I can't help but thinking no more SHIT!

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I know how frustrating it is ace. When things never seem to change, or if they do they get worse. I really do wish I could change all that for you and instead of things staying the way they are, them changing for the better. I don't think your parents could ever simply except your decision. I know I couldn't with my children and I have been there. Still am actually. A parent does not want to be faced with losing a child.
    Sorry I got off topic from your original post. Please take care. And stay safe. :hug:

7. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Regardless of the reaction, it will all fade with time. Either they need to get over the loss and move on, or it will consume them, killing them off as well. Either way, any recollection of us will disappear.

8. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

I have always had those thoughts to, infact its probably the thought of the effect it would have particulary on my children that have kept me here til now. Accepting our decision to go is what i think we would all like but in relity nobody is going to give their blessing to us hurting them and why should they,
    Unless you are suffering you cant truely begin to understand why people would have such thoughts. Tjhis last few days has been terrible its been a constant basttle between wanting to leave to seek peace and what would it do to those around me if i did. I hope i can keep fighting the emotions but have to admit its getting more and more difficult

Take care everybody keep fighting

9. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I kind of like what their reactions would be like...
    They say, "but she was always so quiet and seemed happy"
    They don't know me, they dont know how black it is on the inside for it. It would suprise them and show them right!

10. Re: Have you ever wondered how people would react if they found out you took you Suic

They would probably say something like " Thank goodness he finally did it ! ":shake:

11. Re: Have you ever wondered how people would react if they found out you took you Suic

My mom told me she'd be devastated, heartbroken and that I'm her life. She said to me she'd probably have to go see a doctor, that it'd be difficult to cope and she'd have to throw herself into her job everyday.

My sister would probably, according to my mom, be very upset and may take her own life or stroll down hill and maybe never get back up again.

*she just told me this now by the way*

And she also said everyone would be really upset, especially me and your sister.

Course, being me, I don't believe this. Seeing as BOTH of them have told me to 'just do it' and stuff around them lines. I just believe no one would give a crap if I died and would just carry on as usual, except in a better way though. I'm a burden basically...

12. life

life Well-Known Member

Really i dont care....When i die i will die....First probably everyone would be shocked becaouse no one would expect somethıng like that from me probably i look week thats why....My mum and dad would get very upset and eventually die(they are 60 years old) .....ALL İN ALL I DONT CARE AS LONG AS İ WİLL DİE!...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:(EVEN the thınkıng of ıt makes me smile wowowowow

13. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Only every minute of every day

14. lergeo9

lergeo9 Member

Nobody would care. I can only think of one person who would even notice.

15. Emerald Hyperion

Emerald Hyperion Not So Well-Known Member

I know my mom would be devestated... and maybe at least two of my friends, I think. But when it comes to everyone else I know, it'd most likely just be a shrug of the shoulders and a "Hmm, he's gone now. Oh well!".

I've never done any deeds or any momentual achievements in my life or made any impact on other people's lives like some I know. So I died now it'd just be one less moron in this world to have negative effect on the people he meets.

16. Kinetic

Kinetic Well-Known Member

yap i have thought about it a lot of times my family, my friends reaction and evn my own funeral and what people would say there

17. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

I think that most people would just think how selfish i had been. both of my parents i think would be fairly devestated as would some of my friends. thing is thats the thing - my life should be fine. but with a chronic re-bouting of ocd every now and again it becomes (literally) unbearable. ive felt for years that i wouldnt mind if i died, but now suicide seems like an actual viable option. sad and horrible to some people but i cant help the feeling at the moment.

18. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

I think that the people that knew me well would be very sad and somewhat bewidered by my death. I have given the subject great consideration and have fantasized about my death. I think it is a bit of trying to mentally justify the thoughts of suicide.

19. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

there was a member of sf here who recently left and knowing this was the end of things for him. it has made me very sad thus taking a break. it's hard.

20. ace

ace Well-Known Member

It's ok thing's will never be thew same I have been convinced now that I will never be content until I'm gone.I can't believe that I've never wanted to go as bad as I do now,just to put a stop to it all the shit.The fact that I do know and feel the end is near,It's something I have to do and only want I know this fully now more than ever myself.

I don't want people to feel sorry for me and basically want death and an end to existance.How people cope I really can't just seem bother to worry about that really,I need an ending to this SHIT and something is really telling me it won't be long thankfully!!

possessednomad just a bit of a thought to what you said about the Ocd,I've been going through that shit for year's now and it's that severe so people don't understand how much your life is affected also with depression also.I've weighed everything up with Depression,Ocd and Bdd and thought I don't want to be going on with this shit anyway alway's so I needn't bother.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.