Have you ever...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by SkyW, May 1, 2013.

1. SkyW

SkyW Well-Known Member

Felt lonely in a crowded room?
    You're afraid to approach anyone, and you don't really let others in when they approach you.
    Why are we like that? Why do I feel so anxious?
    Non romantic relationships haven't been the best for me. Of course, I haven't had a romantic relationship with anyone before.. There was this one girl I liked, but it turned out she was living a double life and disappointed everyone.. She hurt her family, my family... Everyone. She was living a lie.
    There haven't been too many girls that I really felt I could relate to after that. I don't know. I mean hey; I'm a guy, and I want to be in a relationship... But not just for fun. I want someone who I can really love and spend the rest of my life with.
    Anything less then that wouldn't be fair.

But that wasn't the worst thing that's happened to me in regards to relationships with people. No, that was nothing compared to what happened recently.
    About 4 years ago, when I was 15, I had an emotional meltdown. I didn't get out of bed for a week, and I cried almost every night.
    One night, I couldn't take it anymore. I broke down harder than I had ever broke down in the past. My parents supported me, they really helped me... They heard me crying... And I was praying for help. They were there.
    That night, I begged for a friend... Not a girlfriend, no. Just a friend. Someone I could help just as much as he could help me. Someone I could really love more than myself, someone I could die for. Of course, I didn't view myself as being that great... But I just wanted someone.
    Prior to that, I never had a long lasting friend. Most of the time, they left me... Or they were just not the type of people I would be capable of getting close to... 'Friends' that only talked about cars and girls. I was sick of that.
    So anyways, 3 days later, I met a kid my age by chance.
    He was the most hilariously strange thing I've ever known! But he was so cheerful, so seemingly happy... I loved his positive attitude, he went out of the way to be friends with me. So I accepted it. He became my closest friend...
    As we grew up together, he shared some things with me... His dad had been abusive, he didn't feel loved... So I cared about him. I gave him attention. I was the friend he needed at that time. I loved him, and he loved me. When his dad was being an ass, he would come over, and stay the night at my house.
    We would often talk all night, and I could just see him become less tense and start smiling as we did.
    Together, we met more people who we could get close to. I was the glue that kept us all together. When someone had a problem, I would encourage them to talk about it. Communication is the food that lets relationships grow, after all! Nobody is perfect, sometimes people get rubbed the wrong way, I understood that.
    Over time, I began to open up to him, just like he had done to me. We had become so much better over the previous 3 years, and we really treasured each other.
    I told him one day that I had been suicidal, and had a really serious problem with self harming... He was the best friend for me. He really helped me out.

Then everything went to hell. He started hanging out with this one kid... I felt really uncomfortable around him. I tried giving him a chance, but the way he viewed people and life was just so sick to me.... I really hated it... But I still tried to like him.
    We were both 18 at the time... just a few months after getting to know this kid, my friend got drunk with his new 'friend' at a party, and still drove home. He could have killed someone on the way! I was disappointed, and really sad about it, but I really tried to be encouraging. He seemed like he had a guilty conscience, so I just helped him grow from it, like I always had.... Besides, kids make mistakes. I understand that. That's totally alright, we learn from them.
    Then, he got some of our other friends involved. They got in really big trouble together... I don't want to be specific... But I can't help but say I was a little disappointed in the choices... Still, I tried to be encouraging... I wanted to let him talk about it.
    He decided to move out of state 2 days after, so I barely had a chance. I decided to talk to him about why he was acting up... And he told me I had been the worst person for him, I had only discouraged him and made him feel burdened.
    That stabbed me. He was my only peer, my only friend that I could really relate to, and he completely left me.
    He still jabs me every once in a while, trying to make me feel guilty. I still love him, I still try to help and talk to him. I never try to be 'Holier then thou' or pompous... I just try to listen, and be mild. My parents say he must be feeling guilty, but I told him straight up, I don't care about that... I just want to move on, and grow... But he's still angry, and he still hates me. I've dealt with 9 months of this. I don't blame god or anything like that... This was a choice my so called 'friend' made. He decided to act out like this....
    Still, I dont have anyone else. I try to, but there is just nobody I can relate to like that... I don't know If I had just lied to myself about our relationship, or if he really did change... It's hard to say. But i'm terrified to talk to anyone, to get to know anyone, because that was the worst feeling. That hurt so much... And right now, I don't have anyone.
  2. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

Feeling lonely in a crowded room is the story of my life. I will admit I didn't read the whole thing, cuz it was rather long, but I know how it feels to just feel completely alone. I've been feeling that was a lot recently.

If your friend who you love is doing nothing but hurt, you need to let them go. I know how hard that is, but it is the best thing for you. You are only hurting yourself by holding on. If he's your real friend, then he will find his way back to you. You worry about him so much, but now you need to focus on yourself. You deserve better.