Have you ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erebos

Just out of curiosity, I suppose. Have you ever seen your parents kiss? Have you ever heard them say "I love you" to one another?

~Nobody~

When you say my 'parents' ?

I have not seen my mum and my biological father kiss as I haven't really seen him at all since I was about 6 months old.

I have seen my mum and the guy I call 'dad' kiss. (He was with my mum from when I was 2 until I was 11) I don't remember ever hearing them say 'I love you' though.

I have seen kisses, heard I love yous, and far worse in terms of all three men she's been with since she broke up with my dad.

Why do you ask?

No I haven't. My parents don't eachother anymore... I don't know why they don't just get a divorce. It would be much less painful than living in an unhappy home full of arguments and hate.

Erebos

I've seen and heard this from other parents, but not my own. It's just a question I've had for a long time. There truly must be more people (un)fortunate enough never to have witnessed this from their parents either.

Where do you learn to love, if not from them? Television? Books? Then again, any remote physical displays of affection by them seems so fake, knowing that their true feelings towards one another is nothing but an irreparable scar.

J

Jackson

Yeah, I remember at least one time I saw them kiss when I was really young, at my asking them to. Later, my dad and stepmom got a little too physical and open about their sex life. :blink:

T
nope. well, my mum and dad havent been together since i as 5/6. I didnt see her kiss my stepdad (sisters dad...she was with him when i was 7-10/11) shes had many bfs and now is engaged (though he doesnt live with us) and ive not seen them kiss or say i love you.
Although you can see they are in love, they are affectionate with each other, but i guess they think its pretty gross kissing an fondling in front of the kids lol.

S

SeemsPerfect

Nope. But I saw my grandparents do both at their 50th anniversary wedding/celebration.

One of the many reasons I want to have a relationship like my grandparents and not my parents.

I've accidentally seen them doing more than that, unfortunately.

There are locks on doors for reasons.

8 yr. old kids are one reason.

jonstark

Never seen them even kiss.

I think this has had a negative effect on me. I think this is one reason I don't really know what to do with women. I haven't a clear idea what love is. I know what lust is. I keep wondering if love is any different from lust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00