Have you given yourself a deadline for things to get better?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Undone, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undone

Undone Active Member

I can't imagine feeling this way for the rest of my natural life. I've been going through it for over 15 years and it only gets worse as I age. I have nothing to lose by trying so I'm giving therapy and medication one last shot. But I still don't know how much longer I can deal with it. I know they're months away but I don't want to spend another year of holidays in this state. I'm thinking of giving myself through September for things to improve before I commit to a plan. I'm barely functioning now; I'm missing a lot of work and may have to drop out of school in the fall. If things continue along this path there will be nothing left by then anyway.

2. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I know what you mean... I've been dealing with depression for over 20 years. I gave myself until the end of this year, but I'm starting to realize that's not realistic. It took years for me to reach this state, so why would I think that things could turn completely around in a matter of months? If my life is going to get better, it's going to take years. I'm hoping that something dramatic changes between now and the end of this year though, so that I can at least hold on to hope that some day things will change. Otherwise, if 6 months from now my life is exactly the same, I really don't see anything changing 6 years from now either. And like you said, I really don't think I can live the rest of my life like this. Even if I could, I don't want to. I'm hoping if that does happen that I will end up dying young of natural causes, but knowing my luck, I'll finally find happiness just moments before I find myself on my deathbed.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah...my first deadline was before my birthday, because I couldn't bear to live another year full of failure. Then I gave myself 3 months, which will have passed by Friday...and I'm sitting here thinking, why not? Everything seems to have gone to shit, so I have nothing left to lose. I hope you don't end it though, even if it does seem hopeless now, it can get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.