Have you lost a beloved through suicide?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Pollo, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

The only concern I have about committing suicide is the pain my family may experience. Could anyone share its story being survivors?
    all my best,
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I'm not really up for going into any detail right now. Suffice to say, the pain, is unbearable. True torture, to lose someone you love.
  3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

All i will say is yes 3 people. Its the worst feeling in the world
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

lost a child to suicide and want to die myself ...
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You NEVER get over the pain NEVER forget you always blame yourself for the death always it never goes away okay just don't go into hospital okay i will never forgive myself for my bros suicide never
  6. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

yes and not a day goes by where you question everything, you re-run through everything in painful detail. Thinking what you could have done to prevent it what you could of said. And you never get over it, you talk to them everyday because it is the only comfort you have pretending they can hear you.
  7. cashing_out

cashing_out Well-Known Member

Father to a Murder/Suicide in 1998 and my brother shot himself 3 years ago. It really takes its toll. As much as I wouldnt want to do that to anybody, here I am........thoughts running through my own head. But, I still have my son and dont want to put him through what I am goinig through. Its a never ending demon that wont go away. As long as I have my boy...........
  8. raindrop

raindrop Well-Known Member

I lost my sister to suicide and I have lost both my parents to natual causes. It was much worse to lose my sister. She chose to leave me. It was years ago. I still ask why and miss her terribly. I suffer everyday because of her death.

Try to find a way to hold on for your loved ones.

I wish she would have come and talked to me becasuse I had no idea she was feeling this way. I would have liked to have had the opportunity to try to help her even if she still chose to die. I think it would have given me some peace to know that I did everything I could have done to save her life. I wish she was here. I love her and miss her everyday.
  9. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

i lost my daughter and want to join her.
  10. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I understand....I want to join my son .....:hug:
    pm anytime..
  11. vix82

vix82 New Member

I lost my Dad 18 months ago and they say time is a great healer but i don't think it is. To me it helps you to cope with hiding the pain. Also, i felt that my Dad said "here you go, I'm off. You have my problems". My Dad was the kindest man and the best father i could have and i mean no disrespect to him but i know how he was for us, we were his life and i have to live everyday with thinking that he had to go through his last moment alone and desperate and it breaks my heart.

I understand that to even get to the point of contemplating suicide, the person is so tormented because i have felt like that myself. But now i know how it feels to be a loved one suffering from a loss through suicide, i would say that you should not go ahead with the act and seek help. The wicked thing about depression is that the illness makes you feel alone and warps reality. There are always people to talk to...
  12. Joey's sister

Joey's sister Member

I lost my brother to suicide 2 months ago, and I have never felt so hopeless and lost in my life. I have four children and a husband who I used to devote my life to, and now I have no energy to help them at all, let alone shower myself. I have contemplated suicide myself because of the loss of my brother and I'm sure that my heart is always going to be tortured because of the way he left.
  13. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I am so sorry for all of your losses. I thank God everyday that I haven't lost a family member to suicide. :hug:
  14. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

This is going to sound sick....

...sometimes, when I feel really bad, I go read posts in suicide survivor boards. The horror of what those people are going through pulls me through.
  15. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

that isn't sick at all..I'm a member on one of those boards and if reading our posts on there stops one person from taking their life then that's a good thing...
    I'm glad it stops you....
  16. CheeseInsider

CheeseInsider New Member

Though I haven't lost a loved one to suicide. My father has expressed his desire to commit suicide.

I don't know how I feel about that. What can I say to him?
  17. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Tell him how much you love him and need him to stay....ask him to get help asap...
    that's all you can do..
  18. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

I lost my childhood best friend to suicide. You couldn't separate us growing up but in the last year of high school we fell out over something stupid and never spoke to each other for a few years. I'd see him in the street walking by but we would just glance at each other and walk on.
    I hadn't seen him for a while and was thinking about ending the stupidity the next time I saw him and asking him to go for a drink or something and then a while later I found out he had committed suicide.

Now to this day, My stomach will wind its self into knots when I think that if I wasn't so stupid and we were still friends, what might have been.
  19. lifelover

lifelover Well-Known Member

Lost a friend and a grandfather.
  20. Withdrawn

Withdrawn Well-Known Member

My grandfather committed suicide when I was born.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.