Have you lost a loved one to suicide?

Lost_Daughter

I lost my mother on June 28, 2010 to suicide, Which is how I came across this site. I have always suffered with depression but it got really bad after that. The feelings of guilt, anger, pain,and loss are overwhelming at times. I started a group on here called "Survivors of Suicide" to meet others dealing with the same emotions that I am. Feel free to check it out and join if you feel that it may help to share stories, advice, feelings, or just everyday struggles or accomplishments. I look forward to meeting you:)

Aaron

I lost my brother in 1980, sometimes the pain of loss makes it feel like it was yesterday, but all in all I've managed over the past two years through counseling and the right medication to finally come to terms with it.

I'll miss him forever though...he was my mentor and my other half.

Lost_Daughter

Nice to meet you all, although I'm sorry due to the circumstances. I often find myself wishing I could do what my mom did, just end the pain. Then I feel guilty for even thinking it, how could I consider hurting my children the way she hurt me? I hope that by sharing our stories, struggles, and experiences it can somehow make things a little easier knowing we are not alone. Hugs to everyone:hug:

Pleased to make your acquaintance. I lost my dad to suicide 4 years ago. I struggle between wanting never to hurt my loved ones in the same way, and wanting this exhausting life to be done.

Also, there is an irl Survivors of Suicide support group, sponsored by the National Alliance for Mental Illness. See the NAMI website or call your local chapter for details. The group is open to family and friends of suicide victims.

Sleepwalk

Nice to meet you all, although I'm sorry due to the circumstances. I often find myself wishing I could do what my mom did, just end the pain. Then I feel guilty for even thinking it, how could I consider hurting my children the way she hurt me? I hope that by sharing our stories, struggles, and experiences it can somehow make things a little easier knowing we are not alone. Hugs to everyone:hug:
First, I am so sorry for your loss. I've lost 2 friends to suicide and have battled with severe depression most of my life. My first and only attempt was when I was eleven years old.

Though this may ring hollow, don't carry guilt over your mother's actions; there was absolutely nothing you could have done. I have hidden my issues as best I can from all but a few close friends and should the day come I make the final choice it won't be because of anything they did or did not do.

Hi I lost my Dad to suicide 14 years ago. I think it is the most difficult thing anyone can ever deal with as it's not just about the loss of a parent or loved one but the questions afterwards, the what if's and what could I have done to help.

Just got to keep your head held high and keep making them proud x

b-rock

yeah...i lost my sis. three weeks ago. it is tough. i really miss her. Thanks for posting this as i will def. check out your group.

b-rock

sorry, i am brand new to this site and have no idea how anything works. I found your group but have no idea how to join it or what not. if you could just let me know that would be great. thanks.

Erode

I lost my best friend two months ago... I've been looking for some type of support group but there are not anywhere near where I live. I'd definitely join your group on here. I need it.

((hugs)) I know your pain must be immeasurable.

Roo

Account Closed
I lost my best and only friend to suicide a little more than 2 years ago. Even now when I talk face to face with people about it I cry.

I too have lost my husband to suicide, Red Ribbons...We have 2 teenagers who lost their father. We all miss him so much...I can't seem to make the memories go away for a minute during the day...I am miserable.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
My sister's dad hung himself when I was 8...it really affected me because he was the closest thing I had to a father.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00