Have you OD?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Pollo, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

If so, can you share your experience? What drove you to do it ?

2. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

I have OD a few times now the first time i took some pills a friend found out and took my to hospital were i was kept in for a day saw the psych there and just said that i did it by accident and she believed me

there has been times where i haven't been to the hospital i was just sick with it for a few days

3. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

I have and was in ICU for a long time then sent to the pysch ward. At that point they were not sure if I would loose my eye sight and I have to have my liver function checked often because I did so much damage that I may end up having liver failure. When my family came to see me I didn't know who they were.
    I had my stomach pumped and let me tell you it is the worst and I passed out for most of it.

Other times I have had my stomach pumped and had to stay in hospital or the pysch ward.

Or they make you drink charcoal.

Please if you are thinking about it go get help call some one, or go to the hospital and tell them what you are thinking.

4. clouds

clouds Well-Known Member

I have a few times always ending up in admission to medical ward and sometimes followed by the psch ward..Why did I do it? was at the point in life where I wanted the unbearable pain I was and am at moment and. suffering to stop.. One one occassion my cpn found me another a friend phoned for an ambulance. Ive tried and not been found out too. sleeping for two/three days at a time. Ive not had stomach pumped but had acute pain for days afterwards .I reckon the most crucial element is not being found and getting large enough quantities of drugs alcohol too helps

5. BrokenSpirit

BrokenSpirit Active Member

I have ODd once taking massive doses of muscle relaxers and pain killers, I went into respiratory and cardiac arrest and died for all of 2 minutes before I was resusitated. Why? I was raised to believe I should never have been born.

6. HighsandLows

HighsandLows Active Member

I OD'd when I was 17. Everything just got too much. Never again. I was unconscious for quite a few hours, and very sick for a few days. I'll never forget the feeling, and even now I can't take a couple of paracetamol without gagging. The thought of doing it again makes me feel so sick.

7. No_Life

No_Life Well-Known Member

please dont do it, you know my experience from msn, i'm always here to talk to, dont try anything please? :(

8. pookeo9

pookeo9 Member

I OD'd once, but I called 911 right after I OD'd so I survived and was only in the hospital for 3 days.

9. Tonks

Tonks Active Member

I think the big issue with ODing is that most people choose OTC drugs, which have poor lethality, at least immediately. Instead, they just nuke your liver. I will tell you, dying of liver failure is incredibly unpleasant. No personal experience, just have cared for patients in liver failure...

10. ChaosControl

ChaosControl New Member

I was 18 at the time of my last attempt. I OD'd on Asprin I believe. My boyfriend and I had been busted for drugs by my parents. I'm bipolar, and unmedicated at the time. My boyfriend said that the drugs was no big deal. That set it off. I felt like no one cared. Not even the man I loved.
    So I did it. I fell asleep crying that night. Wrote a little note.
    Later that night, I woke up. My ears were ringing. Loudest most high pitched noise I ever heard. I tried to block it out with my ipod. No luck. It was 6am. I didn't manage to make it back to sleep that night.
    I ran to the bathroom, hoping to throw up. No luck. I had to tell my mom. I couldn't wait this out. I could barely hear a thing. I felt like I had cotton in my ears.
    I told my mom what I had done. She asked why. I said because I didn't want to wake up this morning. I didn't want to deal with it. I ran back upstairs as she got up, hoping to get some more sleep. She woke my father up and they both dealt with me.
    After going to school to collece the illegal items and dispose of them, and after a lot of throwing up, I went to the hospital. My dad and I stayed there all day.

I lied to the counsellor and told her I would look into all these help lines. But I never did. My life didn't matter enough.

When everything is quiet, I can still hear the ringing in my ears. And I can't swallow white pills anymore.

my grandmother is dying of cancer, and my mother, that morning, said "I have a mother who is wants to life, and a daugthter who wants to take her."

11. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I couldn't sleep because I was anxious and decided to take meds to try to sleep, but then decided I didn't want to wake up so I took a bunch of different things. I've done it several times, and have just woken up like 3 days later feeling like I had a hangover. Never bad enough that I wound up in a hospital or actually died (obviously).

12. Ziva

Ziva Well-Known Member

I overdosed on Tylenol PM once hoping to die but instead I threw up. I also tried overdosing on Lorazepam and using a plastic bag a few times but somehow fucked up on that too each time. Last time I tried the elastic band that I had to put around the bag to make sure it stays on was too big so I took the pills for nothing basically.

13. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

OD'd on a series of painkillers and sleeper, and drank vodka to wash it down. Threw up something shocking within 20 minutes, multiple times, expelled absolutely everything >.< utterly pointless venture.

14. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Many times. Some as self harm some as suicide attempts. I tried mixtures of different drugs, trying to provoke seratonin syndrome and lots of silly reasons. It is awful. Being so sick that you force your self to drink water so you have something to throw up. No one cares. You get the occasional look in to make sure you haven't choked on your own vomit or ruptured a vessel in your head from the constant heaving. No one gives a dam. As long as you have the antidote going through you.

I wouldn't choose OD'ing as my method of choice now. I have considered other things. I am kind of planning but nothing too set in stone at the moment. OD'ing generally doesn't work unless you use something like heroin by injection. That's quick. Pills, don't bother!

15. plates

plates Well-Known Member

My ex gf, homelessness and a suicidal, manipulative dickhead of a 'friend.' 2004

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.