Have you seen...[IMG HEAVY]

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by KittyGirl, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Post photos you have taken of things that are unique to your country/community!
    Weird roadsigns, products with funny names, abnormal structures...

Let's share!

2. KittyGirl

Here are a couple to start off with...

Chocolate milk in a bag! Yay!
    Apparently this is unique to Canada...?
    I pretty much only buy bag or glass bottle milk. We do have cartons and plastic jugs though~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The "Stockey Centre"
    Built in my hometown when I was in highschool.
    It was designed to look like a boat~ so as it was being built, you could see it rising up from the water out my bedroom window on the other side of town. XD
    It's a performing arts center. A few of my school plays were hosted there.
    Acoustics are surprisingly great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

There was totally a sale on bagged chocolate milk today. I scored 4 litres for $3 (and already drank a third of that... With that and the rest of my groceries in my backpack I seem to have injured my clavicle. Totally worth it, though!)

There's a bunch of countries that bag milk, dunno about chocolate, but even western Canada no longer bags milk.

4. KittyGirl

lol~
    I just assumed we were the only ones because on another forum- there was a poll, and hardly anyone had ever heard of bagged milk before XD

And yeah! Probably the same store sale! XD
    The chocolate milk was 3 bucks!

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Joe's No Frills on Dufferin? I got the second last bag.

Well, you're not likely to find many Indians or South Africans on most forums, but several countries else have it.

6. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

What like powdered milk? Mum buys it at the moment because if she buys normal bottle milk I end up going through like the litres a day making coffees :unsure:.

It tastes yuck so I only ever have it when I 'want' cereal :tongue:.

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

No, it's liquid. It's just stored in bags instead of cartons or jugs.

A (nearly) full explanation is here: http://home.cogeco.ca/~husky66/Milk/

I emailed them some corrections just the other day, yay topicality!

(2.33l of chocolate milk consumed today)

8. KittyGirl

lol! Ohh, steffen...
    unfortunately for me, I'm lactose intolerant, so any more than one little glass of the delicious chocolate milk stockpile that's in the fridge would make me sick. XD

And powdered milk is much different from milk in a bag. Sold in a little box or a small plastic bag; mixed with water - I grew up on the stuff. It's one of the reasons why my body cannot digest REAL milk, actually.
    Drink your milk, kids!

9. KittyGirl

Now, I didn't take these pictures, but they're good illustration, so I figured I'd throw 'em in here!

[​IMG]
    apparently... this is supposed to be a picture of a snowmobile roadsign; but as far as I know, there are no "bump" warnings on trails or sideroads, so I assume this is a snow drift.
    There are several roads around where I'm living that have warning signs on either end of the road. When the yellow lights are flashing in wintertime, the road is closed and to drive on it will cost you a $50,000 fine because it is dangerous. The roads close down for a few hours on most days.
    Snow drifts are a real pain in the ass 3 months out of the year. -__-

also... we do have snowmobile roadsigns.
    sleds have just as many driving rules as a boat or an ATV; so in other words... not really alot but you can't be a total idiot when you're riding or you'll get a fine!

something else...
    [​IMG]
    This is funny XD
    Don't know if it's real or not but it reminded me of something that happened at the Sobey's grocery store back home when I was in highschool.
    There was a mama black bear and her 2 cubs who came in during the graveyard shift - in the middle of the night - through the automatic doors and helped themselves to everything on the bakery racks.
    haha

and alas... food!
    [​IMG]
    Is it really only Canada who has the poutine?
    Anyways... it's frenchfries, gravy and cheese curds.
    It is delicious and is sold pretty much anywhere that sells frenchfries.
    Our Harveys, KFC's, NewYork fries and other fast food places also sell them....
    apparently New York Fries is Canadian too... weird. Maybe it's just Canadian 'owned'?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  10. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

we used to get baged milk i havent seen it in ages though!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.