Have you written a testament?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mortem, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

Well, not sure this is the right section but here goes.

I was just a bit curious if anyone has written a testament, or perhaps is planning to do so. If so; please feel free to tell me as much as you like about it.

Who will inherit? How did you go about it - this I realize will vary from country to country, here it's quite a complicated thing to write a testament and it needs to be witnessed and signed by 2 unrelated persons etc. - ? Did you put any "special" requests or conditions in it? Please share! :smile:

2. bluedays

bluedays Well-Known Member

I haven't, as I've nothing to give or to leave anyone except for personal possessions.

I have written a note, and have also written instructions on various things (bills, accounts, etc).

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

In California, U.S. you can order or pick up legal documents at most office supply stores (don't know why). It was a few years ago and I think I told everyone that I loved them and that what little I had should be split between my surviving siblings. I left a few special items to my nieces and nephews. I gave one copy to my sister and one to my brother who is an attorney. I believe it had to be notarized.

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i'm not giving my money to my sister or my mother no fucking way. my mother hasn't made her own will even after last year when she thought she was going to die fully knowing i'm in a very vulnerable position and cannot work. i've talked about it with her and told her i do not want to be a trustee give that responsibility to my sister and her own brother. the thought of dealing with her business makes me think of killing myself it's so much stress but it's where she gets her income as she is sick now.

i'll probably give it to a charity. yes i've thought about it recently.

5. Ophelia1600

Ophelia1600 Active Member

there are standardized forms for last wills and living wills. You can get these online...some places charge. if you need a notary -the bank, or a grocery store.

In reality any document in your own hand signed by you is valid as long as no one challenges it.

The easiest thing to do is appoint an executor. They get it all and then dole out as they see fit. You can make the doc giving to the exec legal. then a hadwritten note to the exec. aqssumable u would pick someone who would follow your wishes even if it wasn't official.

6. Ptitz

Ptitz Well-Known Member

ye, i dont have much stuff.... id donate my body so science and write a line that my funeral should be a party. and i want slayer cover band playin at it.

7. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the replies!

8. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Inherit? I don't have anything to give. So no.

9. klodo

klodo Well-Known Member

I'd like to leave some things and money but I would have to have a witness to sign my will and I don't really know anyone who would do this.

10. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

Thx 8th Wonder and klodo.

klodo - having somewhat the same issue here, wouldn't want anyone I know to know about this either for that part. However, if there's time I'll go to the lawyer, or the bank this week and have it done... I'm going to ask them if they can arrange for someone to witness... should be enough with someone who works there... if not I'm going to see if I can ask someone on the streets to spare a minute and pay them for the trouble.

11. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

I have nothing to leave after death, only car is on me, but that wont be a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.