Have You Written "THE NOTE"?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Feb 25, 2009.

Have You Written "The Note"?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
  2. No

32 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I started writing mine back in October. I have kept adding to it, as I have these moments of attempts.

Darn thing is almost a manifesto by now. lol

Anyway....I was curious to find out how many of us have written that note?
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Dont feel I need one. Those that know me know I love them and no words in a letter are going to make them understand the whys and hows. So why hurt them even more with a note. They know all they are going to know just by knowing me.
  3. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

I wrote a note for my friend and my ex girlfriend. Not for my family or anything though.
  4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I've done the same, ever since my last attempt. I chop and change it etc on a regular basis. Quite worryingly, I like to keep a copy folded up in my wallet for that 'just in case' spur of the moment.
  5. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

I wrote mine some time before I attempted my last attempt. I feel that I should change it but can't be bothered. It's a good feeling to know that I have it done and that in the case of something happening to me all is explained.
  6. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Polished a nice one recently. Not a good thing to brag about though :(
  7. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

did write one for one of my obviously failed attempts a long time ago which apparently, according to the doctor, should have killed me. it was found and given to my psychiatrist when i was in hospital recovering for a week
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I said no!! It wouldn't change things. My family would be pissed off at me rather than upset because i'm dead. They would say I was selfish!! So why bother trying to explain things. I will just be a memory in a matter of weeks..
  9. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I wrote my final note in January/February when I attempted last. It wasn't specific to anyone really.

I also left a note of how I want my funeral.

I haven't changed them as I still feel the same & they still lie in my bag for the next time.
  10. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

I have written mine already.
  11. Longshot

Longshot Active Member

I had completely forgetten... I wrote one about 3 years ago, when I had a really dark moment... I kept it under my stereo, 'cause I couldn't bring my self to throwing it out. I had this weird fear that the darkness would come over me again, and I wouldn't have time to write another one, before I did somethign wrong.

Strange... I had completely forgotten about that time...
  12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I had a note written up about a year ago, but it was the nastiest, most spiteful thing. I don't plan to leave one. I'm hoping it'll look like an accident.
  13. Canti

Canti Guest

Ive always thought there is no point writing a note because once you go, you are gone. Not a ghost where you can watch over the readers to make sure they understand, not to heaven so you can feel good that you atleast gave a reason. I belive that its much like being put under anastetic (that drug they use to knock you out for an operation, is it spelt right?), you dont know youre out because you cant possably know youre out, you no longer exist.

Alough i wrote a note anyway hahaha. It was only 3 lines long.
  14. Oni

Oni Active Member

2 weeks ago I started writing one, but somehow a voice in my head keeps telling me that if I die, I really need to clear everything up, and writing it all up in plain and understandable language for everyone whom it concerns is quite a pain. So no I havent written one....
  15. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I wish it was like being put under anaesthetic. Anytime I've been put under anaesthetic I've always felt so peaceful. Saying that, 3 times in 15 months I was put under anaesthetic & each time I'd od'd beforehand in the hope I wouldn't wake up, maybe that's what made me peaceful.
  16. BusterB

BusterB Member

very interesting topic. Never occured to me to write a note, since those few who know 'ME' would know why i did what i did. Also its the stress of not getting it right, editing it etc, coming back from the grave to re edit over and over...lol :laugh:
  17. kris..

kris.. Well-Known Member

yeah ive wrote mine.
  18. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

joseph, not with me! you don't need a note cause i won't let you go! :hug:
  19. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

mine is a NO go for note....

would never be able to find the right words! anyone who knows me knows i would just '''write myself out of the impulse"!
  20. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I won't do it till I write it... so I'm in no hurry to write :unsure:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.