• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Haven't been able to eat

Mr.notduck

So for the last 3-4 months i have been intermittent fasting, down from 300 to 245 woo... but i recently went through a traumatic breakup and i just feel so ugly and worthless. I just haven't been able to eat for the last two days because I am so nauseated by myself. Does anyone know how long before i need to start worrying about organ damage from fasting. Im sorry I'm a bit of a mess right now.

Shannew

Hi not duck, I'm really sorry that you're going through so much pain at the moment. Its going to hurt for a while, but then slowly you will be able to pick yourself up again. If you don't feel like eating right now its ok, but remember it will get better, there is still hope ok. Be strong, I know you are, you have already gotten this far.

We are here for you. How are you feeling now?

Paisley

SF Artist
SF Supporter
It sounds like you're now just prolonged fasting, no longer intermittent fasting. Please try to eat something during whenever your food window is. Flat out starving yourself can only make both your mental and physical health worse.

I wasn't sure about how long it would take before permanent organ damage so I did some reading on it... here's some quotes from an article I found. (https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/how-long-can-you-live-without-food#bodily-response)
There is no hard and fast "rule of thumb” for how long you can live without food. There’s a lack of scientific research on starvation because it’s now considered unethical to study starvation in human subjects.
Modern-day hunger strikes have provided insight into starvation. One study in the British Medical Journal cited several hunger strikes that ended after 21 to 40 days. These hunger strikes ended because of the severe, life-threatening symptoms the participants were experiencing.
After your glucose and glycogen are depleted, your body will begin to use amino acids to provide energy. This process will affect your muscles and can carry your body along for about three days of starvation before metabolism makes a major shift to preserve lean body tissue.

To prevent excessive muscle loss, the body begins to rely on fat stores to create ketones for energy, a process known as ketosis. You will experience significant weight loss during this time. One of the reasons women are able to sustain starvation longer than men is that their bodies have a higher fat composition. Females are also able to hold on to protein and lean muscle tissue better than males during starvation.

The more fat stores available, the longer a person can typically survive during starvation. Once the fat stores have been completely metabolized, the body then reverts back to muscle breakdown for energy, since it’s the only remaining fuel source in the body.

You’ll begin to experience severe adverse symptoms during the stage of starvation where your body is using its muscle reserves for energy. A study in the British Medical Journal states that those undergoing a hunger strike should be monitored closely for severe side effects of starvation after losing 10 percent of their body weight. It also says that very serious conditions will occur when an individual loses 18 percent of their body weight.
What I think is important to take away from that is that if you reach ketosis (about three days without food), once you do start eating again your body will retain fat way more easily than before the starvation period because your metabolism will have been lowered. If you do this for another day then the effects will be only temporary weight loss with significant gained weight when you do start eating again.

Hope that info helps.

Sorry that you're going through this.

You might want to try making tea with ginger, cinnamon, or both to try to relieve the nausea and stimulate your appetite.

If that doesn't work, maybe you could ask a doctor about what to do.
i recently went through a traumatic breakup and i just feel so ugly and worthless
Hugs

You're welcome to say more about that if you'd like to

Mr.notduck

Sorry that you're going through this.

You might want to try making tea with ginger, cinnamon, or both to try to relieve the nausea and stimulate your appetite.

If that doesn't work, maybe you could ask a doctor about what to do.

Hugs

You're welcome to say more about that if you'd like to
Oh, um so we have been together for 9 years now, we both have mental illness, hers is more anxiety, I have some severe depression with social anxiety. So a little over 2 years ago she switched her medications and it apparently killed her sex drive... she didn't tell me and I thought it was me, i tried all sorts of things trying to get her to take an interest in me again. We went from a healthy sex life to i think we have done it 6 times in the last two years. Always me initiating always her saying no. I talked to her several times and she just always said oh its just wotk stress etc. I started putting on weight. About 10 days ago i sat her down and had a talk about how our sex life was hurting how i feel about myself, how unattractive and small i felt about getting rejected for 4-6 months and she literally said fine lets do it. She told me about her meds and that she would talk to her doctor. A couple days later i tried again (i know too soon, but we had just gone through a house fire, i was home asleep whrn it happened) i needed to feel loved and connected. As I made my move she hust rolled over face down, pulled her pants down and laid there not moving, she wouldn't kiss me or let me touch her anywhere else. I pretended to get there and went and cried in the bathroom... at this point i make a very bad decision. I click a link someone had sent me on discord for an anonymous erotic role playing server. I did that for 4 days, im really bad at it and it just made me sadder. She found my chats on my computer and when I came back from the store she told me that she was leaving, that i am a disgusting, horrible person, she said that she will never forgive me or trust me again. She has been locked in our bedroom for 5 days now. Saying mean things to me if she sees me. I was in a truly horrible place the last couple days but now its just the act of eating is making me feel sick.

Do you think you'd be able to see a couples counselor about this?

It sounds like she's judged you really harshly. I don't think she's necessarily aware of the emotional effect her disinterest in sex has had on you, or even that sex is not just a physical thing for you. I can understand that she's upset that you did this role playing, but I don't think she understands the reasons why you turned to it.

A counselor might be able to help establish some mutual understanding. Maybe she'll be able to forgive you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$255.00