Haven't been here in a long time

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Alloloa, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alloloa

Alloloa Member

First of all, I hope it's OK that I make a new presentation, since I haven't been on the forum for 2 years. If it's not the case, I apologize before hands. I also must say that English isn't my first language, so I also apologize for any grammar/spelling mistakes I might make.
    To sum it up I have been considered a psychiatric patient for 9 years now. No diagnosis, mostly because doctors don't want to tell me, which drives me nuts. The closest to what I've learned is that I have a mood disorder, and that I'm on the psychotic side of disorder. Big help. Basically, I have suicidal thoughts quite often, I attempted suicide, I hear voices, I self-harm, I have eating disorders and I drive myself mad with anxiety. Makes me feel like a nutcase, but things are what they are.

On the other side, I love writing and reading, mostly SFFF. For those who know about NaNoWriMo, I'm crazy enough to do it, coming November will be my third time, and I've done all four CampNaNoWriMo.
    I read quite a lot in English, because I like the language. Somehow I find it easier to express myself in a foreign language than on my own. I also like video games, like AoE, or any game that involves thinking and enigmas. As far as music is concerned, I'm a bit eclectic, I listen to a lot of things, from Three Days Grace and Evanescence to Mylène Farmer (an amazing French singer).
    I'm a student in Literature in a French University, and have lived 13 years abroad in my youth and teens. My upmost desire is to go live abroad again, I don't like being stuck in one country.

I don't know what else to say, I'm not good at introducing myself but In don't bite.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Hello Alloloa,

First two items, your English is much better than merely undersatandable. I attribute that in part, no doubt, to your overall writing abilities. Second, It was a very good introduction, as it gave both a little thoughtful insight to who you are and made me want to get to know more about you and your interests- very well done.

The NaNoWriMo looks like and incredible experience I after googling it to find out what it was I admit to being a little jealous that you have done it and I have not. I encourage any other people that may be reading this to look it up - sounds great. Traveling can never be over rated in my opinion - you learn more about culture and people in a single day visit to a new country than in reading 5 books on the same topic- follow your dreams as able.

Welcome back to the dite and remember the creative writing forum if you would ever like to share some of your work.

Take Care

3. Alloloa

Alloloa Member

Thank you very much for your kind answer. It basically made my day!
    NaNoWriMo is great, at least for people who are into writing. I love it. And as far as traveling is concerned, it wasn't just travels. We lived in the countries for a while. It had advantages but also raised issues, because our national community was very small. Basically, if one classmate was against you, everybody was. Sometimes it was hard, but I dream of living like that again.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome back to our site and it is perfectly fine that you reintroduced yourself. I think it doesn't hurt for us all to do that from time to time. I am sorry to hear things are not getting better for you. Anyway, welcome back :hug:
  5. Alloloa

Alloloa Member

Thank you very much!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.