haven't had my car in almost 3 weeks!!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by theleastofthese, Apr 16, 2008.

1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

It's been in the repair shop forever and I'm sick of having to walk everywhere or bum rides from people. Plus I can't get to my jobs!!:mad: I WANT MY CAR BACK!!!

2. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I know how much that sucks. I just got my car fixed, needed a battery and it's oil changed. Took forever, just got it set up yesterday. And I got a stereo! So now I have music :smile:

I hope you get yours back soon. What was wrong with it?

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:whip: beats the mechanics backsides so they get a wriggle on

4. Just_a_guy

Just_a_guy Well-Known Member

Use the bus and save a ton of money :D

5. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Two words. Electric bicycle. I'm not a tree hugger, I started riding one for the exercise. An electric gives me that boost up hills and against the wind plus I can go faster. But I have to pedal so I still get exercise. Plus saves a fortune on gas. No license or insurance required. There's a federal law that covers all 50 states. And it's fun!!!

6. theleastofthese

We have no bus service in our small city. And a bike would be ok except you can't carry groceries or big things home with a bike. I used to have a bike but that was before having kids!

7. Right U R Ken

Get saddle bags to carry things like groceries. Sadly for some reason they're kind of expensive but they're worth it if you use the bike alot like i do. There are also small trailers for bikes so you can carry most anything. With the motor helping the extra weight is no problem.

8. theleastofthese

I got my van back today! Hooray!! Now I can drive to the store and get a week's worth of groceries without having to break my arm carrying them home! :smile::smile::smile: it's all fixed and they even washed it - inside and out, which I hadn't done since last summer!!:rolleyes:

9. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Excellenta! :hug:

Dread to think how I'd manage without my car.

10. Right U R Ken

No one is interested in electric bicycles?! With gas prices as high as they are I thought there would be more interest. And there must be people out there without driver's licenses. They're the only motorized vehicles legal in all 50 states that people without a license can use.

11. theleastofthese

My daughter has a regular bicycle and rides it every day, all over town. she's getting quite good at it and it saves me having to drive her places that she can ride to on her bike.:smile:

12. theleastofthese

I got my car back so I should be happy, but I'm not. I hadn't had it back more than a day when I noticed noises when I went around corners. Turns out it is the steering. A part is loose and if it falls off I'll have no steering. So it's difficult to find work if I can't even go look for it. My zoloft can't help this kind of depression.:sad: only money or a decent job...:sad: which seems further away each day that passes.

13. theleastofthese

and now the dogs' medical needs... :sad: I can't afford surgeries but don't feel right knowing they have a "normal" life ahead of them... :sad: