Haven't posted in a while.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

On March 10th, I ended up in the hospital after I got stupid and told someone on private crisis chat I was thinking of suicide. I was in the hospital for a month. It wasn't a terrible experience like in the past, but it wasn't "super great" either. When I was released, I had the option to go to a recovery house for dealing with alcohol. Long story short, the place was not good, but in a strange turn, I ended up in another one which I'm curently at now. It definelty has some negatives to it, but it has been mostly helpful so far. I haven't had a drink in over a month nearly two months really. And I'm able to get out more than before.

But there are so many things I'm still unsure about....especially how I feel about dealing with the mental health system. Since the hospital, they don't seem to give a shit one way or another. I sort of do have a therapist I talk to, but I have to wait till funds are in order. I'm kind of tired right now, but there is more to this. Sorry if this comes off as vague.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you i am so happy you found a place that is helping you Congratulations hun on staying clean now for over a month. You take all the good the program has to give you ok
    and with regards to mental health well i am sorry they are failing you. Hope you are able to get some rest it is good to hear from you and how you are doing
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'd been wondering how you were doing. I'm sure there are some positives and negatives to the situation you're in, but I'm glad it's helping in some ways. Try to take things one step at a time. Sending a :hug:
  4. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

I like that you're sober. I drank for a long time and went to a drunk farm and a Salvation Army workhouse. I still might drink again after a year off, because drinking is a sneaky little demon. Although I don't think I will, now. It's real hard to quit, but it's worth it.
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.