Having a difficult time

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by omphalos, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omphalos

omphalos Member

Hello,

I have been lurking on here for the past several months. I have yet to formally introduce myself. I am an Iraq veteran diagnosed with PTSD and major depressive disorder. I tried to commit suicide once. It was not planned but on impulse. Obviously and unfortunately, it did not work.

I am having an extremely difficult time today because this is my family's first Father's Day without Dad. I am grateful that at least I got to see him, after my Iraq tours, before he passed away. He passed away a year and almost four months ago. Yet, I think about him everyday.

I hope that some of you, if not all, are doing at least somewhat better than I am. I wish everyone of the best of everything.

Thank you for reading this.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forums :hug:

3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF Omphalos! :)
    I hope you find the support you need here, feel free to PM me anytime. :hug:

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF. You can PM me anytime if you feel like talking.

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forums
    I hope you can find the support that you need here :hug:

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I wish to thank you for the sacrifice you made for your country and the people that live here. Thanks is hardly enough. I remember how difficult my first father's Day was without my Dad. It was a day filled with tears because of how much I missed him. It has been 4 years now and although it really has not gotten easier I am able to deal with my feelings better. I hope we are able to offer you the semblance of support you need to make the coming days better. Take care. :hug:

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. I hope you find what you need here :) :hug:

8. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Omphalos.

:hug: xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.